Question about Nov 1st

Cre8tivemom2002

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW next week and will be there before and after Halloween. I have heard that overnight the park changes from Halloween to Christmas theme. Is that true? Are the crowds much lower once the Halloween party is over? If so, I want to skip worrying about the character sightings and such until Nov. 1 & 2nd - Seems it would be less stressful.

That is the week that they change things - hard to say which day though - More likely Sunday night since there is a party Friday and Saturday is usually a late night

That being said - it will not be a slow week - it is Jersey week and the first Christmas part is on the 7th - and already sold out.

Many people go that week because they get Halloween and Christmas

MK will be decorated for Christmas overnight after the last MNSSHP. Guests who enter on November 1st will see Christmas decorations.

MK will be decorated for Christmas overnight after the last MNSSHP. Guests who enter on November 1st will see Christmas decorations.

Noooooo! This is our arrival day and I was hoping for some pumpkin decor this day :(

Despite what they say, it's not overnight. We went last year during that week and we're going again this year.

The changes start the night of the last Halloween party and continue until the first Christmas Party. Last year, the Monday after the Halloween Party was a MK day for us. The park had Christmas decorations in most spots, but you could still see Halloween. There was one window display on Main Street that stood out because it was a Halloween display on the inside with Christmas on the outside.

Even though it isn't immediate, it's still extremely impressive.

Despite what they say, it's not overnight. We went last year during that week and we're going again this year.

The changes start the night of the last Halloween party and continue until the first Christmas Party. Last year, the Monday after the Halloween Party was a MK day for us. The park had Christmas decorations in most spots, but you could still see Halloween. There was one window display on Main Street that stood out because it was a Halloween display on the inside with Christmas on the outside.

Even though it isn't immediate, it's still extremely impressive.

yes - I go this week every year and that has been my experience, but usually Halloween is not on a Friday - so this year I really cant say for sure what will happen - other than it will happen this week

That is the week that they change things - hard to say which day though - More likely Sunday night since there is a party Friday and Saturday is usually a late night

That being said - it will not be a slow week - it is Jersey week and the first Christmas part is on the 7th - and already sold out.

Many people go that week because they get Halloween and Christmas

What is "Jersey Week"?

What is "Jersey Week"?

NJ schools have off on Thursday and Friday for a teacher's convention at this time each year. NJ families with children take advantage of this break to take the kids to Disney -- usually for the full week. WDW is full of NJ people --- but most of us don't bite and we even shower! :)

I am so jealous!!! IMO this is the absolute BEST time to go to Disney. It will be crowded, I think, but not crazy crowded. The weather is beautiful, the decorations are awesome, the start playing Christmas music. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter