Question about Nursery age...

MrsTomMorrow14

Earning My Ears
So my son will be 2 1/2 (prob not potty trained by then) and my daughter turns 4 the week before we sail (potty trained). Could she go in the nursery with my son? I know they like to stick together. It would only be maybe while we get massages. My parents are going so they want to watch them most of the time.

They tend to be strict on ages in that range. Even if your 2.5 year old was PT, they couldn't age up, and because of mobility vs. most clients, they won't age down a 4 year old.

They tend to be strict on ages in that range. Even if your 2.5 year old was PT, they couldn't age up, and because of mobility vs. most clients, they won't age down a 4 year old.
Ok thanks! I don't know if we want them separated. My son is a crier... cried the whole first month of preschool

The nursery accommodates youngsters from 6 months to 3 years of age.
"to 3 years of age". I believe they will also allow 3 year olds in there, as long as the child has tried Oceaneer's first and it didn't work.

But, a 4 year old would not be allowed.

If your 3.9 yrs old is not potty INDEPENDENT, they will be asked to go into the nursery... I don't know for age 4 and not potty independent.
To be honest the club/lab are not ideal for a newly potty trained, newly turned 3-year old without super amazing older siblings... just my opinion.
On of our children went to the nursery after being "cleared" for both, and was really, really happy in the nursery, where they did a lot of activities, crafts, etc.

I don't know for age 4 and not potty independent.

Unless the child has documented delay, the child can only use club during open house with an adult present.

Access/use of the clubs is by no means guaranteed for every circumstance.

To be honest the club/lab are not ideal for a newly potty trained, newly turned 3-year old without super amazing older siblings... just my opinion.

A not uncommon opinion. The age range of 3 to 12 is a very large age range in a club that does not separate by narrower age ranges for activities.

I will add that sometimes the club DOES (or did) put on special activities and programming geared especially towards ages 3-5 (that were advertised as "preschool fun") and separate.
However, this might be ship and route dependent...

A not uncommon opinion. The age range of 3 to 12 is a very large age range in a club that does not separate by narrower age ranges for activities.

"to 3 years of age". I believe they will also allow 3 year olds in there, as long as the child has tried Oceaneer's first and it didn't work.

But, a 4 year old would not be allowed.
The nursery is 6 months - 3 years; just like how OC/L is 3-12 a 3 year old is more than welcome in the nursery.
There doesn’t have to be a reason or trying OC/L before a 3 year old is permitted in the nursery.

Not totally relevant to the topic but our almost 2 year old grandson didn't like the nursery two weeks ago. It wasn't that he didn't want to leave his parents it was he was bored. He LOVED the open houses in the club though. I think he was too mature for the nursery but too young for the club. His favorite place was the "blocks" area next to Promenade Lounge.

MJ

The nursery is 6 months - 3 years; just like how OC/L is 3-12 a 3 year old is more than welcome in the nursery.

Great way to put it is “through 3” and “through 12.” Some businesses mean “to” the age meaning they stop there. (Or is it just the zoos in my area that tortured me when my son was tiny with one zoo meaning through and the other meaning to?)

But Disney means all the way through the day before your 4th birthday for nursery and through the day before your 13th birthday for the club/lab.

In checking the official DCL info regarding nursery age, it states from 6 months TO 3 years of age. Does not state THROUGH 3 years of age.
To me that's pretty straight forward but best check with DCL directly for any further questions.

Hi! Unfortunately, your daughter wouldn’t be able to go to the nursery, and your son is too young for the Club/Lab. To clear up confusion, we accept children in the nursery if they are three. Some three year olds like to go between the two and that is ok.
Yes some cruises and itineraries offer preschool-age specific programming time in the Club, usually on longer cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter