Question about old undercover tourist ticket

medicjch

Mouseketeer
I think this might be a pretty unique situation so I’m hoping someone here might have a good answer for me. We had a 2020 trip to Disneyland planned and I had purchased my tickets from UT. Obviously that trip didn’t happen so we’re finally going later this year. UT said my tickets are still valid at the 2020 price and I assume I can just trade them in to Disney for that 2020 value while I’m purchasing 2023 tickets. The main question is…..can that be done beforehand or do I have to be on property to do it. I messaged Disney and they said I had to talk to UT. UT says they can’t do a trade in and it has to be done by Disney. Has anyone had a experience similar to what I’m trying to do?

I think this might be a pretty unique situation so I’m hoping someone here might have a good answer for me. We had a 2020 trip to Disneyland planned and I had purchased my tickets from UT. Obviously that trip didn’t happen so we’re finally going later this year. UT said my tickets are still valid at the 2020 price and I assume I can just trade them in to Disney for that 2020 value while I’m purchasing 2023 tickets. The main question is…..can that be done beforehand or do I have to be on property to do it. I messaged Disney and they said I had to talk to UT. UT says they can’t do a trade in and it has to be done by Disney. Has anyone had a experience similar to what I’m trying to do?
A number of people had to deal with issues like this when the park first reopened, including me. I called Disneyland and the CM was able to change my ticket dates over the phone. It's best to do it ahead of time since you need to make your park reservations.

This happened to us for our 2020 trip and we wanted to go back in December of 2021. I had to exchange the tickets in person. I reached out by phone and email and we couldn't get it done without being in person. We were planning a trip to OBB in September 2021 so I exchanged our expired tickets for current ones (I think I had to pay a little bit more because the prices had gone up) at the ticket booth for December.

This happened to us for our 2020 trip and we wanted to go back in December of 2021. I had to exchange the tickets in person. I reached out by phone and email and we couldn't get it done without being in person. We were planning a trip to OBB in September 2021 so I exchanged our expired tickets for current ones (I think I had to pay a little bit more because the prices had gone up) at the ticket booth for December.
So they said there was no way to do it over the phone? It MUST be in person?

So they said there was no way to do it over the phone? It MUST be in person?

Yes, I tried and tried to get it handled over the phone and could not. One suggestion was to buy tickets for our December trip and exchange our old tickets for a "future trip" in person. Yeah, no.

I hope you have better luck, but that was my experience.

Is your ticket still associated with Undercover Tourist somehow after you purchase it? I just bought tickets through Perk Spot and it basically just transferred me to Disneyland and I got the tickets from Disneyland, not Perk Spot. Does Undercover Tourist work differently or does Disneyland treat tickets bought though third party differently?

Yes, I tried and tried to get it handled over the phone and could not. One suggestion was to buy tickets for our December trip and exchange our old tickets for a "future trip" in person. Yeah, no.

I hope you have better luck, but that was my experience.
I appreciate your input. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter