• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about renting vs. transferring points

Degaf

Earning My Ears
I have 230 points banked from last year, OKW use year October that I can not use......again. As much as my kids want to go, I am unemployed and don't have the funds for tix, food, etc. Anyway, don't want them to go to waste so I would like to either tranfer or rent them to someone.

If I read things correctly, you can only do one transfer per year so I would have to transfer them all to one person I guess? Can you transfer banked points?

If I rent, it is my understanding that I would make the reservation under the renter name? I also think I can do this more than once, in other words, break up the points? Any downside to this?

Any insights or comments would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points, however transferred points can be banked or borrowed.

Much easer to post on the rent board and or check the rent board for people looking for points and look for large point count reservations. I rent when I have points that will be lost if not used and I rent for $11.00/ point and get paid in full when I send Disney reservation to the renter. I have had on problem getting $11.00 / point and paid in full, it is a trust thing on the renters part. I get payment in full up front because I feel I could lose use of points if renter cancels close to arrival time.

definitely read the FAQ on the rent/trade board. get an understanding of what your risks are (i.e. make sure you are clear with renters that they may not cancel within a month of their reservation since you risk losing your points if they cancel...or issues like that...)

and if those points expire this october, availability may be limited so start soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter