Question about Rollaways

DCLMP

DIS Veteran
Can you request a rollaway with just three people on a reservation? Kids can’t sleep together. Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking about giving up the express passes for two rooms and most importantly two bathrooms at SF. The cost is the same using an AP discount. Comfort vs no lines it's a tough choice. We were there the last weekend in August and didn't really need express passes even on a weekend. I'm hoping weekdays the second week of December is similar.

So can you tell me what the difference is between a crib and rollaway which they charge for?
A crib is for babies, and a rollaway is an uncomfortable twin-sized bed. They charge for rollaways. I don't know about cribs.

A crib is for babies, and a rollaway is an uncomfortable twin-sized bed. They charge for rollaways. I don't know about cribs.
Thank you for that, I will definitely not consider ever using a rollaway now. Are the fold out couches awful too? - specifically Sapphire or RPR. For whatever reason there are too many king rooms available and not enough 2 queens…

Thank you for that, I will definitely not consider ever using a rollaway now. Are the fold out couches awful too? - specifically Sapphire or RPR. For whatever reason there are too many king rooms available and not enough 2 queens…

My adult son has had a rollaway 3 times when he has joined us for the Christmas trip, and sleeps solidly on it, always comments how comfy it was.

He did try the pull out once....never again!

This is at RP.

****The cost of a rollaway is $35 plus tax a night not $25 as pp mentioned. Charge is listed in the first post of RPR thread.

I have used a rollaway bed at the Hilton in Southlake,Tx and Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek … they are surprisingly comfortable . I also used one at the Hard Rock Universal Orlando in their standard 2 Queen room.They are solid but easy to move and have always managed to place them under the window … I am average size adult.
I wish Disney still had these rollaways.They arrive and move kinda like the Dolley you would use if you were moving heavy furniture kinda upright with handles and mattress is strapped and bound until it is in position for sleep. I hate the fold out couches that Disney has not replaced yet.

Last edited:
We had a great experience with the rollaway at PBH. My family much prefers them to pull-out couches at hotels b/c they feel "cleaner" and pullouts are way more uncomfortable, hard to get "flat" and thiner mattress with that awful metal frame.

FWIW, we had rollaways on 3-4 stays at RPR (pre-COVID) and were never charged. I’m not sure why. We were AP holders on some of the trips, but not all. Maybe they just liked me!😄

Thanks, Y'all. Your posts inspired me to give it a try. I cancelled my two rooms at Saphire and booked a club-level room at Portofino with a rollaway. My six-foot boys will have to flip a coin on the rollaway.

My son typically sleeps on a rollaway and he thinks it's perfectly fine. And like JaxDad, we've never been charged for it. I've never book the rollaway in advance though. Both times, after tipping the bellhop, I've just asked if there are any available. Shortly after, one is dropped off. Usually, when we're at the park. It's undoubtedly a "your mileage may vary" type of situation I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter