Question about room requests.

Momtwofour

DIS Veteran
We rented points for two rooms at CCV through Davids. I know we want to have David’s ask the owners to request our rooms are close but can we request other things? Is it asking too much of the DVC owner? I’ve considered just making my request through TP but I’m not always successful with that and I feel like the DVC request will give us a better chance. TIA

I think the advise is to have MS note ‘traveling with reservation #123…’ on both reservations.
Back in my pre DVC days when I was booking 2 cash rooms I’d have that noted & always ended up w/ connecting rooms but rarely were any other requests granted, I was told this was because putting the rooms near each other was the priority over other requests.

If you're going to ask the DVC owner to make a request anyway, I don't think making two requests at the same time is asking too much.

If you ask to make a request, and then later you ask to make another request - that's a different story.

But as to whether you will have more success by having the owner make the request as opposed to having Touring Plans make the request - I'm not so sure about that. People report on their success and failure with room requests. But there are factors which we don't know about. Did the person make a request which could only be filled by a few rooms? Or was it more general, and more rooms could fill that request? Were they booked in a big resort at a quiet time (SSR right after the COVID reopening), or a small resort at a busy time (BCV at Easter)?

If you're going to ask the DVC owner to make a request anyway, I don't think making two requests at the same time is asking too much.

If you ask to make a request, and then later you ask to make another request - that's a different story.

But as to whether you will have more success by having the owner make the request as opposed to having Touring Plans make the request - I'm not so sure about that. People report on their success and failure with room requests. But there are factors which we don't know about. Did the person make a request which could only be filled by a few rooms? Or was it more general, and more rooms could fill that request? Were they booked in a big resort at a quiet time (SSR right after the COVID reopening), or a small resort at a busy time (BCV at Easter)?
That is a good point. Ive never stayed at CCV and I havent done a lot of research as far as room distance etc. Im not sure if there are any "bad" room locations? Not like staying at AKL where we would be worried about being "miles" from the lobby down the long hallways.

That is a good point. Ive never stayed at CCV and I havent done a lot of research as far as room distance etc. Im not sure if there are any "bad" room locations? Not like staying at AKL where we would be worried about being "miles" from the lobby down the long hallways.
All of the Copper Creek Villas are in the wing closer to Fort Wilderness. The walk to the very end from the lobby or bus stop takes just a few minutes; probably about 1/8 of those long Kidani walks. You can also save some time by walking outside.

Wilderness Lodge is a pretty compact resort. CCV rooms are within the main building and the hallways don’t feel endless to me at all. There’s a chance to end up on different floors of course (although if you got two studios with tubs, likely they’ll both be on ground floor).

The hallways are not AK or BW levels of long imo.

Here's a view from 200 feet above WL (left) and KV (right). Note that the entire WL could nearly fit in the footprint of one wing at Kidani Village.
KV CCV Comparison.jpg

Wilderness Lodge is a pretty compact resort. CCV rooms are within the main building and the hallways don’t feel endless to me at all. There’s a chance to end up on different floors of course (although if you got two studios with tubs, likely they’ll both be on ground floor).

The hallways are not AK or BW levels of long imo.
We have a two bedroom and a one bedroom villa rented. There is 11 of us. We stayed at BWV in March and I LOVED it! Our location for HS was great but those halls walking to go to epcot seemed to go on and on. We have always been lucky at AKL to be closer to the lobby. I think I will focus on being close.

We have a two bedroom and a one bedroom villa rented. There is 11 of us. We stayed at BWV in March and I LOVED it! Our location for HS was great but those halls walking to go to epcot seemed to go on and on. We have always been lucky at AKL to be closer to the lobby. I think I will focus on being close.
As pp's have said, the villas at CC are only in one wing of Wilderness Lodge, and WL is a compact resort. The furthest room is never far. That's one of the reasons we love WL, the great theming and compact footprint. Enjoy.

How do you make room requests at SSR?
For points reservations, the owner of the points needs to chat/email/call Member Services to submit the request. For cash reservations, the guest needs to use the chat function on the MDE website (I'm not sure whether the chat on the app can do or not) or call the reservation line to submit requests.

Also be aware that requests are requests and, in my own experience, DVC does a lousy job of meeting requests. DVC is operating at pretty much 100% capacity, a lot of people request the same things (high floor is popular at most of the resorts, for instance), and other people will take any room - as long as its ready when they arrive - so if the high floor everyone wants is ready, it sometimes goes to the person who showed up at 10am whose only desire was a room to get the baby to sleep in.

It doesn't hurt to make the request, but have realistic expectations regarding the chance they'll get met. Especially if the request is specific, contains more than a single ask, popular, or the room is in low supply (not everyone gets the Village Green at BWV)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter