Question about Shuma ?

DixieAmos

<font color=teal>Lady of the Manor<br><font color=
My daughter Dixie loves fish. Will it be possible to have her phoptograph taken with Shuma?

You mean Shamu? Well, a person dressed in a Shamu costume can be seen throughout the day. You can pose and get an autograph. If you want to get a photo with the real Shamu, that will be more difficult. At the end of the Shamu shows, I would stand beside the tank and wait for Shamu to pass by. You can also try to get your kid picked as the one who meets Shamu during the day show.

Is a killer whale considered a fish? Pretty certain it's a mammal.

It lives in water just like fish,I thought an elephant was a mammal!

Another way to get a picture with Shamu is to get to the Shamu stadium well before a show and stake out seats in the first and second rows in the dead center. There's a small area there where Shamu "beaches" at the end of the show.

If I remember my biology lessons correctly (LOL)... a mammal has live births for its offspring. Dolphins and whales I believe fall into this category. :)

Go a little early and play the trivia before the show. You'll learn a lot about those big beautiful creatures!

Shamu is definitely a mammal. I would get into it a little further, but it's late and I better get to bed.

DixieAmos: Whales are mammals, marine mammals. Using your logic a lizard would also be a mammal, because it lives on land.
BTW: Look out for boxfish, these are the ones fishfingers are made of ;)

Yep, whales are mammals. Mammals are warm-blooded and suckle their young. Whales, dolphins, manatees, seals, walruses--all mammals. There are a few mammals that do not give birth to live young--the duck-billed platypus and one or two others.

Thank you for all the information on mammals. I have learned so much just by asking if Dixie could have her picture taken with Shuma.

Hi Verona,

you will definitely like Sea World. BTW I like your homecounty, I have spent some very nice vacations in Devon. I was in Brixham in '77 and toured the South Coast in '90, spending a week in Paignton.

PS: The Killerwhale's name is Shamu. If you like some pics of him, just mail me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter