Question about southwest and no more peanuts

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Please no flames I am flying with them in October do they still allow peanut products on the plan I wl not eat if someone on my flight is allergic but was just wondering

They're not preventing you from bringing any particular food on the plane. (I've been when a large family brought homemade curry on the plane

Southwest is just not serving peanuts to passengers anymore. So, they'll hand out pretzels or any of the other snacks they've served, just not peanuts.

If you want to bring a peanut product on the plane, that's up to you. You might wish to ask if someone's allergic, but again, it's totally up to you.

Honestly, in the last few years, I've found they hand out more of those 100-calorie packs or other snacks versus peanuts. Out of my last nine flights since May of 2017, I have received peanuts maybe 4 times?

I only asked because it is hard to find peanut free snacks for me any way or foods not processed 6 the same factory as peanuts let's just say I am glad I dont have food allergies

We just bring out own snacks on the plane in our carry-ons. Those tiny bags of pretzels with maybe 5 pretzel bits in them seem useless. You never know what the snack will be (and maybe none on shorter flights), so just bring your own. If someone sitting next to me indicated a sever peanut allergy, I would eat something else, since we bring a variety of items.

Only SW-provided snack recently was Wheat Thins. They said cookies were AM only.

When I flew recently I had a flight where they made an announcement prior to boarding regarding nuts. They simply stated that there is a passenger that has a severe nut allergy and asked if everyone could keep any foods that contained nuts sealed and put away during the flight. I think they offered everyone pretzels or something and they even gave out some snacks prior to boarding for those who brought their own snacks. It was no biggie :)

Otherwise you can bring your own snacks if you want but most airlines have started to move away from offering nuts as a complimentary snack. Personally I just tend to avoid peanut products when I know I'm going to be in a pretty tight space with a lot of people. Just more as a courtesy. Now I don't go all out and look for things that were not packaged in a place that also has peanuts but I won't bring peanuts, peanut butter, etc on the flight.

Most of the time someone with a severe allergy is likely to tell the flight staff and precautions will be taken as necessary :)

I think they offered everyone pretzels or something and they even gave out some snacks prior to boarding for those who brought their own snacks. It was no biggie

As a FWIW, it *is* a biggie if you have an older toddler who pretty much only eats PB and who cannot eat random pretzels or wheat things etc b/c of other ingredient issues.

And I know it's not a life or death biggie, but it's still a biggie all the same. Made things very hard when my son was 3+ and we'd discovered the ingredient problem but his palate hadn't expanded to deal with non-nut healthy protein snacks.

I remember that at my son's school (a small, Catholic school), that a student had a severe peanut allergy and we weren't supposed to send peanut butter sandwiches ever. Not a big problem for us, but, I remember growing up, that was mainly what I brought for lunch. If you can eat it, peanut butter is a great choice, compared to other sandwich fillings that really ought to be refrigerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter