question about sunlight in July...

thekaren

DIS Veteran
Okay, I know this might be a slightly dumb question, and I apologize if it is, but...

Can anyone tell me how summer sun in Florida is compared to New York? Is it a lot brighter? Or comparative?

I ask because I have severe photophobia, and I'll be going to WDW for the first time July 21-26, and I'm starting to get a little worried about the sunlight. :sad1:

Thanks,
Karen

but going to Florida I have to wear a visor hat as well as my sun glasses......The glare from the ground is worse then it is here....I think it has to do with it being cement and not tar. The sun comes down and bounces up from the ground and sun glasses does not cut it. So try the hat with a large visor and I hope this helps you too....The sun is HOT :sunny:

We visited WDW in July 03 and though I don't have photophobia, I am very light sensitive and have a hard time on some days here in NY. I made sure to stay out of the pool during the hottest part of the day and to always have my wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and plenty of high SPF sunscreen on hand. The worse for me was in MGM waiting for the afternoon parade, I remember the sun being super-hot that particular day and the sweat was just running down my legs!

I think as long as you are the type to seek out the shade and be mindful of your limits, you'll do fine. GL!

I don't really notice it being a lot worse than Minnesota, but I agree with the suggestion to wear both sunglasses and a visor.
Most of the queues are actually pretty well shaded. The hardest part is that you are constantly moving between outdoor total sun, into shade and then into (sometimes very dim) indoor locations and back again.
I agree that waiting for the afternoon parades are the worst - there are few shaded places to wait.

I'm from Mich. and to me the summer sun in Florida is really bright and hot. We've been down in August at the beach, and quite honestly I couldn't picture myself walking around WDW at that time of the year. My sensitivity to light is probably worse than others, and being from MI-well we don't see the sun much here. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter