Question about the DC and discounts for ressies

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
Has the disney club changed their policy on using the card for discounts for reservations? They had changed policies after they changed from the MKC to include a cancellation fee, a fee just to change existing reservations and you now have to pay for the room before you get there. Is that still the way they are doing it or did they come to their senses and go back to the MKC policy?

Colleen:wave:

The policy hasn't changed. You pay a $100 (per room) deposit, pay the balance within 21 days of arrival and can cancel up to 5 days prior to your arrival without a penalty.

What about the $50 fee they were charging to change a reservations in it changed your rate? Also, are you still not able to make a ressie with CRO and then apply the DC discount later? We were planning on going down this Dec, but since needed to cancel. When I had called to apply a DC discount, they told me that I would need to cancel my ressies with CRO and make new ones with Disney Travel. Talk about a frustrating set up!:confused:

I haven't heard anything about a $50 change fee. What were you trying to change? You can't book a room-only reservation with CRO and have the discount applied. All Disney Club discounted reservations must be made through the Walt Disney Travel Company. The "room-only" package is called The Basic Plan. The cost of this package would be the same as a room-only reservation and you receive complimentary admission to Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Ok, I pulled out my dc benefits book (pg 11)
A deposit of $200 must be received within 10 days.
Final payment is due within 45 days of arrival.
For a cancellation made 44 - 6 days prior to arrival, there is a fee of $100.
For a cancellation made within 5 days, there is a $200 fee.
For a change made 44 days or less to arrival that RESULTS IN A RATE CHANGE, there is a FEE of $50.

Are these still the same policies that they are using? I used to love to call up CRO and see what kind of discounts I could get. Doesn't look like that will be happening anymore!:mad:

The policies have changed. Disney Club discounted reservations booked through Walt Disney Travel Company require a $100 deposit within 10 days of booking and full payment on or before 21 days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel anytime within 5 days of your arrival, you will be charged a penalty of $100. The policy in your booklet is for regular package reservations made through WDTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter