Question about The Edge kids club

blurbs

Earning My Ears
Hello there! Wondering what typical activities are like in the Edge (Dream)? It will be my kiddos first time and wondering what she can expect to be doing with that group.

Last edited:
Hello there! Wondering what typical activities are like in the Edge (Dream)? It will be my kiddos first time and wondering what she can expect to be doing with that group.
Video Games, karaoke, lots of scavenger hunts, Ga-ga ball, karaoke, game shows, crafts. A good amount of activities take place outside of Edge, but some do take place inside.

Side note, on Castaway Cay Edge does have activities, In da Shade acts as home base, but they do activities together around the island. When Edge heads back onboard, your kid can head back onboard with the YAs.

Feel free to ask any questions

One of my sons loved Edge and the other didn’t really care for it. As said above,lots of scavenger hunts. My son who loved Edge knew every square inch of the ship by the end.

You can also check recent navigators to get a feel for what is offered at Edge on a daily basis. I would say the majority of my dd's time "in Edge" wasn't actually in the Edge location. They did numerous activities around the ship. She is a dancer and loved the "flash mob" performances and getting to learn a dance with some of the actual entertainment staff (which was performed in The Tube for family members to watch). She was really excited to see one of the dancers that worked with them on stage that night in the WD Theater!

and yes, once the kids go in, they never - ever - want to come out :rolleyes1

For most kids this age, I think whether or not they spend a lot of time in the club depends on how easily/quickly they form friendships. When we sailed on Fantasy last year, my daughter (then aged 11) was excited to try Edge. She went on the first night and had a great time; I pretty much had to drag her away around midnight. The next night she decided to go to a show with us instead of going to the club. She tried to go back the third night, but she didn't stay long. She said that the people she met on the first night had formed friendships with others, and she felt left out. After that she went once or twice during the day, again never stayed long. She also said she didn't care much for the behaviour of the particular group on that cruise. There was an incident involving a child throwing an ice cream cone on the floor just outside the club (apparently on purpose?), and everyone ran away because they didn't want to "get in trouble". Typical stupid kid stuff that, thankfully, is not really her style. Not saying that happens on every cruise or is typical of every kid who goes, but there was enough of it on that one trip to turn her off.

She may try again on our cruise this summer. At 12.5 she will be more in the middle of the age range, and that might make a difference. But if she doesn't find someone she relates well to early on, I suspect the end result will be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter