Question about the family suite at All-Star Music..

50surgeries2012

Mouseketeer
Gettimg excited for Disney World. My question is: Are the suites big enough to handle six people plus a Jazzy power chair rental? It’s going to be me, my significant other Dan, my mom, my godfather, and two family friends all sharing one room. We have stayed at All-Star Music before. But, not with six people. I’ve seen videos of the All Star Music suites. But, I was just wondering with as many people as rhere’s going to be. My godfather will want to put the power chair outside of the room.

I’m renting it from Scoot-A-Round.

I haven’t stayed in a suite, but they were created out of 2 connecting rooms. So you’ll have equivalent space as with 2 connecting All Star rooms. Beds are not like 2 rooms, though; you enter into a living room with sofa bed, sleeper chair and an ottoman that opens to a bed; the other side is the kitchenette and bedroom. Depending on sleeping arrangements, it might be crowded in the living room with all the beds open. Will you be sleeping in the bedroom? That should have space for your chair in the bedroom. I do not recommend leaving it outside; you are responsible for it and it’s available to anyone in the hallway.

Enjoy your vacation!

Samantha, you are responsible for the chair, and expected to keep it in your room when you are in your room.

Cast Members can - and will - move the chair if they believe it to be causing an obstruction of traffic, or a potential traffic issue. (This is true of anywhere on property - just like they are often moved at the Theme Parks for traffic purposes.)

Additionally, you might want to price out the replacement cost for that chair before you leave it unattended overnight - if it is stolen, or "misplaced" you may be on the hook to the rental company for full replacement cost; check the fine print in your rental agreement.

Just because your Godfather doesn't want the chair in your room doesn't mean you are allowed to park it in the hallways. This issue has been discussed here before.

It's about creating a potential obstruction in a hallway that could impact other Guests.

It's about leaving a high-ticket item unattended in a public space.

It's about leaving an item that requires a full overnight charge (by being connected to a power outlet) in order to function fully and effectively the next day.

It's about leaving the very piece of equipment that you are relying upon to be your legs at WDW out of your control all night long. What if someone comes along in the middle of the night, and unplugs it? You will spend the next day constantly searching for outlets in the Parks instead of having fun. That, BTW is the best case scenario. They could also move it - down the hall, or to another floor or building, or even push it into the pool. They could hide it in a Guest room, and until the Resort was searched, room-by-room, no one would know where it was.

Yes, WDW *is* a safe place - the vast majority of Guests there never have a problem with the security of our personal items. But that doesn't mean that it can't happen... and leaving an item like a power chair unattended all night in a public hallway could pose an opportunity for mischief that needn't have happened.

It's about being an adult, and taking responsibility for this piece of equipment. Yes, we all come to WDW to live inside the "bubble" for a few days, and escape reality, but that does not mean that we can just ignore our basic adult responsibilities.

Sometimes, doing what is right takes a bit more time or trouble than what is easy. Please do the right thing, every time. We have enough folks in the world who try to take the easy way out.

Gettimg excited for Disney World. My question is: Are the suites big enough to handle six people plus a Jazzy power chair rental? It’s going to be me, my significant other Dan, my mom, my godfather, and two family friends all sharing one room. We have stayed at All-Star Music before. But, not with six people. I’ve seen videos of the All Star Music suites. But, I was just wondering with as many people as rhere’s going to be. My godfather will want to put the power chair outside of the room.

I’m renting it from Scoot-A-Round.
As others have said I would not leave your chair outside I once saw some teens joyriding someone ECV, The lady was panicking when it was gone one morning.

I haven’t stayed in a suite, but they were created out of 2 connecting rooms. So you’ll have equivalent space as with 2 connecting All Star rooms. Beds are not like 2 rooms, though; you enter into a living room with sofa bed, sleeper chair and an ottoman that opens to a bed; the other side is the kitchenette and bedroom. Depending on sleeping arrangements, it might be crowded in the living room with all the beds open. Will you be sleeping in the bedroom? That should have space for your chair in the bedroom. I do not recommend leaving it outside; you are responsible for it and it’s available to anyone in the hallway.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. I can't understand why my mom, and my godfather just have Dan, and I stay in one separate regular room with my walker, and power chair rental while they would have the family suite. I have a feeling it's going to turn into a big mess when we get there. I hope not. My mom, and godfather both know that Dan is a night owl, and he gets up in the middle of the night. We don't know where we will be sleeping yet. But, I am guessing that space will be tight with all of us. Plus our suitcases. Plus my rollator walker. Plus the scooter rental. Plus I rented a shower chair too.

Samantha, you are responsible for the chair, and expected to keep it in your room when you are in your room.

Cast Members can - and will - move the chair if they believe it to be causing an obstruction of traffic, or a potential traffic issue. (This is true of anywhere on property - just like they are often moved at the Theme Parks for traffic purposes.)

Additionally, you might want to price out the replacement cost for that chair before you leave it unattended overnight - if it is stolen, or "misplaced" you may be on the hook to the rental company for full replacement cost; check the fine print in your rental agreement.

Just because your Godfather doesn't want the chair in your room doesn't mean you are allowed to park it in the hallways. This issue has been discussed here before.

It's about creating a potential obstruction in a hallway that could impact other Guests.

It's about leaving a high-ticket item unattended in a public space.

It's about leaving an item that requires a full overnight charge (by being connected to a power outlet) in order to function fully and effectively the next day.

It's about leaving the very piece of equipment that you are relying upon to be your legs at WDW out of your control all night long. What if someone comes along in the middle of the night, and unplugs it? You will spend the next day constantly searching for outlets in the Parks instead of having fun. That, BTW is the best case scenario. They could also move it - down the hall, or to another floor or building, or even push it into the pool. They could hide it in a Guest room, and until the Resort was searched, room-by-room, no one would know where it was.

Yes, WDW *is* a safe place - the vast majority of Guests there never have a problem with the security of our personal items. But that doesn't mean that it can't happen... and leaving an item like a power chair unattended all night in a public hallway could pose an opportunity for mischief that needn't have happened.

It's about being an adult, and taking responsibility for this piece of equipment. Yes, we all come to WDW to live inside the "bubble" for a few days, and escape reality, but that does not mean that we can just ignore our basic adult responsibilities.

Sometimes, doing what is right takes a bit more time or trouble than what is easy. Please do the right thing, every time. We have enough folks in the world who try to take the easy way out.

I know, and I intend to see that the power chair is in my sight at all times. The lady I spoke with at Scoot-A-Round went over the rental agreement with me over the phone. I will put up a fight if my godfather wants it outside. It's a regular Jazzy power chair. Much like the one I rented in the picture from my trip with Dan, and our friend in October 2016upload_2018-1-24_9-2-38.jpeg, so I don't think it should take up a whole lot of room in the room.

I just found out that the suite has one room with a king bed. Which Dan, and I will get as he is a big guy. The rest of our party will be in the other room. Thankfully I also found out that the room with the king bed is big enough for both the rental power chair, and my walker. At least I think. Trying to find out.

It was a queen size bed in the room when we stayed in an ASM suite, the Disney website still says queen size as well. It's also going to be tight getting the chair through the living room area with everything and around the doorway into the bedroom. If the sofa, chair, and ottoman are left unfolded as beds it will be impossible.

The master has a queen bed, not king.

Why not just book a regular room for yourself? No way would I share a room like that with even four adults, much less six. As an adult, I am in charge of my vacations, not anyone else. I would just do what I want, then you'll have room for your scooter and not have issues with what others want (which is none of their business really).

Sorry to sound harsh, but I'm type A and always plan my own vacations or my family's vacations. I have never let anyone else have any say since I was a teenager.

We stayed at ASM Suite once... it was nice... but i would think your gonna be a bit squashed... The Master BR will be great for a couple but not sure where the other 4 fit... the other room, is a living room with a couch/sleeper.. a chair that makes a sleeper.. can't remember what else... it was tight for us.. your gonna be tight as well...

I'm worried how it's going to work out too. My godfather is a big guy also. So is the woman that's my mom's friend that's traveling with us. I'm not sure about my mom's other friend. I hadn't seen him in a while. He's going to the conference with my mom, and my godfather. I expressed my concern to my mom about it, and she said, "Don't worry about it. It'll work out." I feel like showing her the YouTube video I saw of the suite just to show her what we're going to be dealing with.

I am happy as I did rent a shower chair from Orlando Medical Rentals to be there when we get there. Knowing full well that when my mom made the reservation. She wasn't going to book an accessible room. My back with the pain, and problems I have with it. It won't let me stand in the shower/tub to wash my hair. I have to be sitting down, or otherwise I fall.

I'm not sure if the chair and ottoman open to beds that are even the width of a twin size, sounds like getting two regular rooms at ASM would work better for your group.

Renting another room means more cost. If finances are not an issue than that's certainly an option.

You may be able to remove some furniture from the family suite to make it more roomy like the table and chairs. Don't know if this will help enough. You can arrange for this with the resort.

Renting another room means more cost. If finances are not an issue than that's certainly an option.

You may be able to remove some furniture from the family suite to make it more roomy like the table and chairs. Don't know if this will help enough. You can arrange for this with the resort.

Two regular ASM rooms cost less than one ASM family suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter