Question about Ticket Use after Cancelling Trip

meeko987

Earning My Ears
We sadly decided to cancel our Disney trip this Christmas due to COVID concerns. We had bought four day passes through Undercover Tourist. It was explained to me that we could use these tickets next Christmas, but we would first have to visit Guest Services to exchange them, paying the difference for any price increase.

BUT.... How would I link my tickets in My Disney Experience ahead of time as I'm planning for next year's trip in the months leading up to that vacation? If I'm using the original ticket IDs with code ABC123 and then I exchange them at Guest Services for a ticket with code DEF456, would that mess up my plans on My Disney Experience?

By the way: Universal tickets do NOT work this way according to Undercover Tourist. If I hadn't used my 3-day Universal dated tickets this year by 12/29/21, I would have lost everything. There would be no option to exchange the tickets later, even at an additional cost. Therefore, I had to return them to Undercover Tourist with a 5% return fee (which is understandable and reasonable).

Do you already have the current tickets in MDE for the cancelled trip? You may be able to "modify" the dates yourself in MDE. If not, you can call WDW to do it; you do not need to do it in-person. You'll be charged any increase in price if your new dates are more expensive.

We have to cancel our trip in January. What if I don't know the date of a future trip??? What do we need to do?

Make note of the ticket numbers and (if you recall) the values. The tickets will most likely disappear from your view in MDE but you can need to call at some point in the future to use the credits (WDW will be able to see it on their end).

I've done this several times now due to COVID. You call the guest services number to add them back to your profile. I had 2 day tickets that were not used and they had November 2021 dates on them. I called yesterday and the person easily found them and I was even able to add Genie+ for two days while on the phone. I would have your dates for your trip next year before calling so that they can apply the correct price, etc.

call them now and let them know about this. I called before tbe tickets were to expire and they put a note or did something so they didn’t disappear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter