• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about Toon Town

*RJ*

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me the current hours for Toon Town? And when would you say is the best time to visit TT - right when it opens or late in the day? I imagine afternoons are crazy...

Toontown opens one hour after the regular park opening (so, two hours after MM/EMH on an early open day). Absolutely the best time to visit Toontown is right when it opens. It gets insane as the day goes on. I suppose maybe it might quite down at night (I don't know because we never stay that late with our little one), but Toontown closes earlier than the rest of the park as well (before fireworks on a night when fireworks are shown).

Toon Town opens an hour after regular park opening.

The best time to visit Toon Town, really, is when it's not hot out. There is no shade in Toon Town. But, yeah - earlier is better than later. Afternoons do tend to be busy, despite the lack of shade.

I second being there right when it opens! Best time for no wait meeting Mickey and Minnie. You might also find Pluto playing all alone near the fountain!

If you arrive at the gates of Toon Town just before it opens you can be there when Mickey and the gang arrive. They come out and greet the kids and then walk in with the families. When my oldest was 3 she walked into Toon Town holding Mickey's hand. It's pretty magical.

Be there 30 minutes before Toontown opens...as the poster above mentions, a few characters come out and it is very magical! Here is my son on two different visits being the first in TT.
Also, at the beginning of the morning, Mickey and Minnie may greet at the front of his house which I think is unique!

th_2013Disney355_zpsf01ba18e.jpg

th_2013Disney356_zps1e844778.jpg

th_2013Disney361_zpsb42cc732.jpg

th_2012%20Disneyland%20355_zps8enlq8vw.jpg

th_2012%20Disneyland%20358_zpsnx2eqgev.jpg

th_2012%20Disneyland%20361_zps13ae3ms9.jpg

th_2012%20Disneyland%20364_zpsw91bjlfz.jpg

I hope it's OK to share this here. I made a video of when we did the ToonTown opening last week, and this is how it went. My daughter liked this better than the Minnie breakfast because she got to spend more time with Minnie. Also, the lines were almost nonexistent or really short for almost everything in the morning.

I hope it's OK to share this here. I made a video of when we did the ToonTown opening last week, and this is how it went. My daughter liked this better than the Minnie breakfast because she got to spend more time with Minnie. Also, the lines were almost nonexistent or really short for almost everything in the morning.

Cute. Thanks for sharing. Definitely don't need to be there more than 5 mins. early.

Love that video! Thanks for sharing. We hope to do this on our first day-we will have an almost-3 year old who cannot stop saying “I’m so cited to go to Minnie’s house” so we have to cross this one off Asap :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter