• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about using stroller for my nephew with opitz

POOHDRMR

DIS Veteran
Hi! This is my first time reading the disabilities forum on disboards.I have gotten so much usefull info on the other forums I was hoping for some help here.My family will be returning to disney in Dec.It will be myself,dh,dd,my parents and my sister and nephew. My nephew is 4 and has opitz syndrome. He does not walk yet.We all went last Sept and it was hard for my sister to hold him all the time on the lines for the rides and shows.We were wondering this time if she could keep him in his stroller to enter the attractions.She's not trying to get onto things quicker, just hoping she could wait on line with the stroller.Can you do this for any of the rides? She can take him out to get into the ride and he can sit.

Yes.
What she needs to do is go to Guest Services in any of the parks with him and expalin his needs. She doesn't need to explain about his syndrome - just that he has a disability that prevents him from walking and needs to bring his stroller in lines because he is too big and heavy to carry.
They will give him a Guest Assistance Card that allows the stroller to be used as a wheelchair. She would show the card to the CM at attraction entances. That would allow him to stay in the stroller in all lines, shows, etc until he gets to the boarding area. She can lift him out at the boarding area and the stroller would be kept for her in the area with wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter