Question about Vacation Dates

DJT

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if it would be better for a grandma (me) and three kids (18, 15 and 11) to go the last week of March which is spring break, or near the end of June. I would like some opinions please. I'm leaning towards the end of March because of the heat in June even though I know spring break crowds will be bad. Thanks!

I'd go with June. Should be a little lighter crowds vs end of March. And it'll already be plenty hot during that time in March, the weather then vs June won't differ that much (hot with possible brief afternoon showers)

That's definitely a hard one... Crowds are going to be heavy either way so for the sake of the heat, I would probably say March (although as the PP said, it's probably going to be hot either way). I would definitely take advantage of FP+ wherever possible and get an early start in the parks. Part of making a trip work during busy times like that is to not go in there expecting to see EVERYTHING in the park and that there's going to be a lot of people.

Too many times I've read of people going during spring break, staying in the park all day and then complaining that it was crowded... It's spring break. It's going to be crowded.

If the heat is your biggest concern, I would get an early start in the morning, stay in the park until 11 am, go back to the hotel and relax by the pool, then go back to the parks around 4 or 5pm. You'll miss the heat of the day and depending on the park hours, you can still get six or seven hours in a park.

I'd go with March. Spring Breaks vary from county to county but by the end of June most everyone will be out of school. I'm thinking March will be slightly less crowded and definitely less humid.

I would pick March over June for heat reasons, but it will be very crowded (like, ride your FPs and not expect much more than that kinda crowded).

I'd vote to ditch the school kids and go in mid-November... ;)

End of June. Both times will be similar crowds and weather. End of March is just over 2 months away. That leaves little time to plan and get a resort. you're already inside your 180 day mark for end of june, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter