Question about viewing shuttle launches

Rhonda

<marquee><font color=red>Quote of the Day: <font
I remember you used to be able to get passes to get into a special area to view shuttle launches. They only gave out so many of them - first come, first served and you had to order them in advance. They were car passes that you hung on your rear view mirror. And, I think they were either free, or very cheap - they were per car, not per person.

I can't seem to find a site for this anymore! I see where Kennedy Space Center has a link to buy passes for $39 per person! Have the rules changed, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/carpass/carpass.htm

The passes have already been distributed for 2001 and they are not yet taking names for 2002. I did it in April. The traffic going to the Cape is horrible (I'm from NY and it's much worse than rush hour). I'd suggest leaving Orlando at least 6 hours in advance and bring food. I think the passes are free, the pass specifices a maximum vehicle size. People who had larger vehicles were turned away.

Just ordered our passes last Friday(for Nov. 29th launch). They are still available, and yes they are now $39. This includes your day pass to KSC(25 value)and the launch. And there is a shuttle bus that takes you to the launch 2 hrs. prior. I was apprehensive about buying these because of the high probability of the dates changing, but then found out I could sell them on E-Bay if I need too. Hopes this helps.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll try asking my question here... Before our stay at Disney in August, we will be spending a few days in Ft. Lauderdale. During that time there will be a shuttle launch...does anyone know how far north I'd have to travel to see anything at all?? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

18 days to go.....

TinkerbellTracy

Car passes don't include the bus or KSC. You drive through KSC and park on the causeway where you can see the launch. THOSE passes (I think free) are the ones that are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter