Question about VMK cards! ( Anyone who's been to park, HELP!!)

VMK_MagicalLadee

<font color=darkorchid>Canada has kewl stuffs too<
Ok. So.

Since Im never going anywhere remotely NEAR Disney, I found out today one of my friends is going to Florida tomorrow.

She has no idea what vmk is and I said to myself.. well hey. She can stop on by VMK Central and redeem my quests.

Trouble is, I have no idea how to do them..

Do I print them out?
Which ones are available?
What does she have to do?

She has like 10 people going.. can I give them one each also?
What instructions should I give her?

ANY In-Park info would help, seeing as I first must understand it before I dictate it to my friend. :)

Thanks all!

-Magical :wizard:

the quests are in the players guide, it tells you which ones you need to print and which are available at the park and provides the the answers.

Also included is a link to Bopper thread about WDW.

Mal

So she gives them to a person? Or a computer?

If I gave her Canadian money, how much would a pirate pin box cost and where could I tell her to get them?

Hi there being a fellow Canadian here lol. She would have to transfer that canadian into US funds. Which the dollar is doing the best it has in 30 years @.92 to the US 1.00. They should have pins at VMK Central also they have been at Downtown disney.

And yes if there are 10 in the group each ones ticket is good for what ever quest is being offered.

And VMK central of course is on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom just like in VMK in case they have never been to WDW.

I am not sure about the florida tax I is 6% or 6.5% very low.
15 US Dollar = 16.28040 Canadian Dollar

So she gives them to a person? Or a computer?

If I gave her Canadian money, how much would a pirate pin box cost and where could I tell her to get them?

Hi!
Have her bring the answers to all of the available quests, printouts of the one's you can print from home, with answers. She has to give them to whoever is working at VMK Central, and they will scan her tickets and issue the cards. The Thrill Seekers Quest must be stamped at the Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom before she turns it in at VMK Central. Only one of each quest card needs to be turned in for her entire party. The in-park quest cards are at VMK Central. Tell her not to scratch them in front of the CM, some CM's don't like that. LOL
The pirate pin sets are, I believe, $15 per set. I don't know how much that is in Canadian, sorry. She can buy them at a few places around the park that sell pins.

Hi!
Have her bring the answers to all of the available quests, printouts of the one's you can print from home, with answers. She has to give them to whoever is working at VMK Central, and they will scan her tickets and issue the cards. The Thrill Seekers Quest must be stamped at the Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom before she turns it in at VMK Central. Only one of each quest card needs to be turned in for her entire party. The in-park quest cards are at VMK Central. Tell her not to scratch them in front of the CM, some CM's don't like that. LOL
The pirate pin sets are, I believe, $15 per set. I don't know how much that is in Canadian, sorry. She can buy them at a few places around the park that sell pins.

So I have printed out one Red space magic (YEEHAW) and one HSM paper.
I have filled out the correct answers.
SO. .. she just give this ONE paper to a CM and they will give 10 cards to everyone there?

SO. .. she just give this ONE paper to a CM and they will give 10 cards to everyone there?

I think you may get different answers on this. It seems to depend on the CM working whether you need one for the entire group or one for each ticket. The Thrill Seeker quest definitely requires a separate printed (and stamped) quest for each ticket.

I'm sure someone else will post with some help soon. :)

you also need to print out the thrill seekers quest. 1 for each person and have them get that stamped in the MK.

If I was you I might offer her something for her troubles, just a suggestion.:goodvibes

oh, Im paying her 10$ a card.

But.. im not going to make her go all the way to AK just for a stamp. So the other two quests will do me fine.

So I should just print out 2 of each just in case?

If you could get them to do the scratch off card available in vmk central for either pirates or animation~that would give them the 3 required quests for the mickey TV. (tomorrowland, High School Musical and one more).

Those scratch cards are on the display with the vmk computers.

Be safe and get quest papers for every party. Depending on the day, the mood, and the moon you might get a cranky Cast Member.

Also, on a index card tell her how many cards per each quest she will get and make sure she counts them at VMK Central. Do not rely on "oh they are there."

oh, Im paying her 10$ a card.

But.. im not going to make her go all the way to AK just for a stamp. So the other two quests will do me fine.

So I should just print out 2 of each just in case?

Ok 10$ a card is alittle steep.

I was thinking maybe like getting her $25 in Disney Dollars or getting her a Thank you card and include some US $.

Having been to VMK Central at Walt Disney World fairly recently, here's my take on this.

A) If your friends bought all 10 tickets at the same time, there will only be 1 scan code on the tickets, hence you can only get 1 set of VMK cards no matter how many people are in your party. Each ticket must have a different scan code. If the tickets were bought separately, they can scan each ticket with a different code and you can get 10 sets of VMK cards. Anyone out there, please correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I was told by the CM (cast member) on duty.

B) Each member of the party must have their ID such as a drivers license that matches the name on the disney ticket.

C) Was told by the CM that you only needed to present 1 scratch off ticket for the entire party but I wouldn't trust that. I'd get 1 scratch off for each member of the party just in case. Especially since large groups of people can become separated.

D) I'd also print 10 at home quest pages for the same reason. I've noticed that CM's tend to interpret the rules differently. If you don't need them then no harm, no foul. Fill in all the answers on each at home quest page before you give them to your friends and tell them not to scratch off the scratch off tickets in front of the CM's at VMK Central. Have them grab the scratch off's and scratch them off while they are sitting down somewhere eating lunch or something.

E) You can redeem quests for VMK prizes every 90 days.

Again, if anyone out there has had a different experience, please feel free to correct me.

Having been to VMK Central at Walt Disney World fairly recently, here's my take on this.

A) If your friends bought all 10 tickets at the same time, there will only be 1 scan code on the tickets, hence you can only get 1 set of VMK cards no matter how many people are in your party. Each ticket must have a different scan code. If the tickets were bought separately, they can scan each ticket with a different code and you can get 10 sets of VMK cards. Anyone out there, please correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I was told by the CM (cast member) on duty.

B) Each member of the party must have their ID such as a drivers license that matches the name on the disney ticket.

Again, if anyone out there has had a different experience, please feel free to correct me.

So, *EACH* ticket WILL have a different 'scan code' no matter when they were purchased. I doesn't matter if you bought them one at a time or if you bought them in lots of 100. Each and every ticket is different.

The name doesn't have to match on the tickets. Parkhopper tickets (not APs) do not have names on them and it is all very random whether or not the tickets are signed. What does matter is that each ticket can only do each quest once per 90 days. So, you'll have 10 tickets (one for each person going to the park) and you can do each quest 10 times.

You will definitely need at least one print out per ticket for the Thrill Seekers quest. It must be stamped at AK before redemption at the MK.

I would follow Disvaclub's advice and break down for your friend what she should be receiving with each ticket/quest combo redeemed.

Give her a print out of the quest answers and give her extras of all the print at home quests, just in case.

So see, this is my point. It seems that the CM's there all interpret the rules differently. What was told to me was different from Aeryn's experience. Hope your friends have fun and they bring you back lots of cool vmk stuff.

:-)

its one friend.

And her family.

Im just going to ask her to get one set. :p

She has no idea what vmk is and will get confused LOL.

Thanks all! :wizard:

I'll tell you now, your friend might get a CM who isnt really familiar with VMK even at VMK Central. Everytime I go there, they are training somebody new and they are getting told different things.

From my experience, each guest has thier own ticket, and you do not need a photo ID to turn in your quests. I would just have everything ready for her to go, and even give her the answers she needs for the inpark scratch off cards. VMK is located right on Main Street on the right side at the old Movie Theatre. It is really easy to find. Just tell her to make sure she has her ticket to present or they won't give her anything. Good Luck!

Trish

Step 1:
Print out this thread that has all the info on what to do for VMK in WDW. You may need to copy it to a word processing program and make the text all black (since it is shown as white as they are spoilers).

Step 2: That thread tells you which quests must be printed out ahead of time. Print those out and fill in the answers using the info in the the thread. Give those to your friend. If you want, give her more than one copy as her family members can turn them in too.

Step 3: If your friends are going to Animal Kingdom, make sure they get the Thrillseeker quest stamped at the Kali River entrance before they go to Magic Kingdom (if at all possible.) So she needs to bring that with her to AK, and a plastic bag is helpful too!

Step 4: Tell your friend to go into VMK Central (on the right as you walk down Main Street) when she gets to the Magic Kingdom. Tell her to get the quest cards (usually they are available on the sides of the VMK computers) or ask for them if not available.

Step 5: Have her leave VMK Central or hide in the back and fill out the cards based on the print out of the answers you gave her.

Step 6: Take the completed quest cards and printed out quests and present a set for each ticket that you would like to get cards for. So if they did two sets, then two people with their tickets must be there.

Step 7: Carefully take all the VMK cards and then give them to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter