Question concerning making pin books

Fiver

Mouseketeer
I've seen several folk with the folders that you can buy at Wal-mart. I plan on buying one, but I was wondering what y'all used for the pages? Only a few of my pins are still in the plastic, so I'm looking for the felt type of pages. Can you find them in a craft store for the folders?

Fiver:confused:

Fiver,
The pages I used are foamies. They are sold in craft stores or in the craft department of WalMart. I also use a sheet of felt between the foamies (also from the crafts department) to keep the pins from getting scratched. I bought a cheap 1" three-ring binder and cut the folder and the foamie/felt pages down to fit inside the bag. I recommend you also consider using grommets to strengthen the holes in the pages (I bought grommets but have not had time to attach them yet). I also recommend you get the clear plastic makeup bags to slip in the back. It makes it so easy to see what pins you've got.

I was thinking of using the foam pieces and inserting them into page protectors. These are very clear pieces of plastic which already have three holes for binders. I think this would protect the pins as well as make them visiable for trading. You could have a book of keepers as well as traders.... not too expensive I dont think. Page protectors come in lots of 25 to hundreds.....I will try it out and let you all know

The foamies come in 2mm and 3mm thicknesses. I recommend the 3mm because the 2mm seem to be too flimsy. The foamies usually have a label or sticker on them that indicates the thickness.

On second thought, if you are going to put the foamies inside the plastic protectors, the 2mm might fit better than the 3mm. If you use them w/o the protectors, use the 3mm.

If you cant find the foamies, stiffened felt (also available at craft stores) is another option. You might want to consider this also for inside the plastic protectors.

JMHO, YMMV. ;)

~Nancy~

I also bought my folders at Wal-Mart. I use foam between each page, but slip the actual pin into clear plastic business card pages. Each page holds 10 pins and the opening is the size of the black, cardboard back that the pin comes on. These pages are available in the business section of the paper aisles at Wal-Mart. They come 8 pages to a package. My folder holds 7 or 8 pages with the foam in between. This way there is no chance that the pin will get scratched. Hope this helps...

I took card stock paper, glued heavy felt to it and then whole punched it for my son.

This seems to be working pretty good. But I like the idea of using the plastic protector sheets.

I always find a great ideas on this board!:D

I recently put together two using plastic pages available for sports cards. the nice thing about them is that the cards fit in, if you want to keep them. I hold them in place with rubber backs, but am thinking about inserting some cloth or foamies in between the pages and reinforcing the holes.

Wanda

I have tried most of the above, but my problem is carrying (lugging) the albums when I am at the parks. I often want to have them with me for trading, especially when I am at Epcot or DTD. The problem is that they are so large and heavy, and very difficult to fit into a back pack. How do people carry them into the parks?

The nice thing about the WDW bags was that they had a carrying strap. I outgrew my pin bags and was not there when they sold the very largest ones.

I use the trading card holders, but I also go to Wolf's Camera and get the plastic pages to hold slides.

These I use for pins that aren't on cards, and also for pins which are on the small size cards. (The top of the card sticks out a little, but on the top row I use pins off cards, and the rest fit nicely.) These sheets allow for 20 pins to the page as opposed to the trading cards of 9 to the page.

I also found plastic sheets at Wolf camera that hold 4 x 6 photos, and I use them for the pins that have really big cards attached, like the Chef Hat Food & Wine, or the MVMCP pins, which were too large for the trading card pages. I can generally fit two pins in each pocket and there are 3 pockets to the page.

I put the pins in the pockets with the pinback through the back, and felt in between the pages. There is a sheet of plastic and felt between the pin backs and the fron of the pin on the page behind it.

I also use the foamies with felt. I do use the grommets these work great and are very easy to use.

I did however get a notebook with a zipper around it after I lost a pin because the back fell off. With the zippered closure if a pin falls it won't leave the notebook.

Yodasmom - I use a backpack too and it gets very very heavy with 2 or 3 trader bags in it. I found one at Pacific Sunwear made by Quicksilver that has wheels like carry-on luggage. So I can carry it or wheel it whichever I please. It did cost a few but the wear it saves my back is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter