Question: Does anyone know the drink served at the gold/platinum reception?

DaveyQueen

Earning My Ears
We recently went on a cruise, it was Mediterranean/Greek isles, and since my fiancé is platinum we were invited to a gold/platinum reception party. We were handed a complimentary drink as we walked in and we're hoping if anyone knows what it was as it was delicious. It tasted a little like a mild fruity cider to me and my fiancé said it tasted more like apple juice than fruity so it was somewhere in the middle. Super long shot but does anyone happen to know what it was? We would love to get some more!

If it is the sparkling apple cider, it was just Martinelle’s ($4-5 at the local grocery store). They will also give you that as the Platinum stateroom gift instead of the Prosecco if you request it—we requested that on out August 22 Wish cruise and someone actually asked me how my 10 year old got champagne!

If it is the sparkling apple cider, it was just Martinelle’s ($4-5 at the local grocery store). They will also give you that as the Platinum stateroom gift instead of the Prosecco if you request it—we requested that on out August 22 Wish cruise and someone actually asked me how my 10 year old got champagne!
Thank you so much! I was unsure if it was alcoholic but my fiancé was right in saying it was non-alcoholic. Good to know so we can pick some up inexpensive because we really liked it!

oh, interesting! I thought the reception was stopped due to covid. Is it something they've brought back just on the Mediterranean itineraries? Fingers crossed they'll be back stateside too.

I believe it's only on cruises 8 nights or longer.
Yes, for the Castaway club benefits its 8 nights or longer. They changed it from 7 nights sadly.

Although when we were on the Magic a few weeks ago, (7 night) they had free drinks in the lobby during the captain's gala night. I got a free beer and free cocktail. Could have had more but was running late for dinner.

Doing a b2b - on the first we will still be silver, on the 2nd we'll be gold. Will we be able to go to something like this on the 2nd?

Doing a b2b - on the first we will still be silver, on the 2nd we'll be gold. Will we be able to go to something like this on the 2nd?
If your second cruise is 8 nights or longer, then you'll be able to attend. You might have to visit Guest Services to make sure that they have your updated status, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter