Question For 2020 Trips

DarthGallifrey

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out when to book a long (10 days) trip for 2020 as well as a shorter trip for one of the races. We were thinking about May - July for the long trip and doing the Nov food and wine race.

I understand that SW:GE is going to change things going forward. Star Wars aside, out of the May - July window which do people prefer and why?

Late April into early May.
Cooler temperatures (than full-on summer) and schools are still in session, so (comparatively) "smaller" crowds.

Late April into early May.
Cooler temperatures (than full-on summer) and schools are still in session, so (comparatively) "smaller" crowds.

So Maybe late April for 2020? I expect Early May to be an absolute nightmare with May the 4th. But, everyday could be a nightmare after GE opens haha.

And how much cooler? I actually enjoy the heat

Haha. I'm going early/mid July this year so I can get a good feel for it. Unless the humidity is oppressively high I don't mind heat

Oh.

Well...
The humidity IS oppressively high in mid-July.

That's why I first suggested late April.

100% agree with Robo. The heat is not the issue, it's the almost 100% humidity everyday during June,July,August, September

I would go mid-May.
You miss the may the 4th crowd. School is still in session and not likely too many will take their kids out of school that close to the end of the year.
Weather will be warm and not too humid yet.

I'd say go with May...however if you enjoy the heat then maybe summer is a good time for you. We have stayed at the beach many times during the summer and driven to Disney for one day to do MK and let me tell you...it is hot. I know that goes without saying but man, is it hot. We will bring spray fans and freeze bottles of water so we have cold water to drink and it is still hot. One year it was so hot that when we looked at our arms and legs it looked like we had white stuff all over us...it was all of the salt that we had sweat out! Doing a park in the summer for one day is doable but I can't imagine standing in lines for 10 days in 95 degree weather (even though I know most lines have A/C or fans). That being said, the parks are not empty in the summer so clearly many people enjoy the parks in the summer.

First 2 weeks of May. Spring Break is over everywhere, most schools are still in session. Weather is great.

Haha. I'm going early/mid July this year so I can get a good feel for it. Unless the humidity is oppressively high I don't mind heat

The humidity IS definitely oppressively high. My husband and I went last June 10-20 for our honeymoon and we don't mind the heat as we are from Central California where the summers are routinely in the 100's. The humidity nearly did us in. And that was June - I think humidity gets a little worse as summer goes on, so good luck!

I think GE is going to be crazy whether you're there on May 4th or not. I'd just avoid DHS that day and the 5th.

Yeah, GE is going to be a game changer but I think being in HWS on May 4th and 5th would be just absolute lunacy haha. Unless they had a hard ticketed event...that I would consider

I think GE is going to be crazy whether you're there on May 4th or not. I'd just avoid DHS that day and the 5th.

I might do May 1 - May 11th in that case. There is a good chance they will have some sort of ticketed event on the 4th/5th which would be cool to experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter