Question for big losers.....

Laurajean1014

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><
Did you get saggy? I especially mean in the face, throat area? That scares me. Please do tell.

Naturally it can happen. A lot depends on the elasticity of your skin. For instance someone that has spent a lot of time in the sun or is a smoker is probably going to be more likely to have saggy skin.

Drinking plenty of water helps prevent this also. A couple of times along the way I noticed what I called "chicken skin" developing on my neck, under the chin in particular but it "caught up" pretty quickly.

I also did some light weight work for the back side of upper arms to help prevent that from happening.

But no, never got that skin hanging off in folds like an elephant look.

Deb

after losing 95 pounds... i do have a lot of loose skin... some is gradually shrinking.. but most will be a problem... my wattle is going away slowly.. but i have a boob job and a tummy tuck to look forward to ;)
my arms may forever flap in the breeze.... i'm attempting some light weighlifting to see if that helps...
every person is different, and younger skin may snap back better than older.

This is my second go around with losing lots of weight- did it once and kept it off for 10 years then started having babies and WHOOSH it all came back and then some. The first time I lost it I was 20- I had loose skin but I never noticed my face or neck being less firm. Now that I'm 35 and have lost 62 pounds from my highest I can tell my arms are a bit fleshy but I really don't see loose neck or face- maybe not as tight as a baby skin but I don't have any sags- although I never had a fatty neck to begin with- my face just puffed out a bit -most of my weight is distributed in my chest, hips and thighs- my thighs are especially wiggly and drinking water definitely helps keep it tone- your skin is your largest organ and the last organ to receive water- your lungs/heart/kidneys/brain get their share first and whatever's left over you skin gets- so if you drink a good portion of water you should see it helping keep your skin subtle.
The best part is that no matter how fleshy ( unless you're losing well over 200 pounds) you'll still be able to put it all into a very small pant size when you reach goal- and that always makes you feel better! :)
Tara

Thank you for your responses! What great success stories! I hope to join you all in a success story of my own.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, my mouth shut and my face tight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter