Question for business owners on the DISboards.

The cost of living here is crazy. I sell retro-games consoles such as Dreamcasts and MegaDrives, and I haven't made a sale in so long. Why? Because everything is super-expensive at the moment. Butter is £7 a tub. Gas is £1.47 a litre. Grain is ridiculous. Partly as a result of the war in Ukraine. People just don't have the money here for frivolous items.

Across different regions, experiences vary, but many businesses did face revenue drops during the pandemic and subsequent economic challenges.

I run a small online shop for retro and current games consoles. Some are on the expensive side, some cheap. I've had almost 1,000 hits in the last 5 days but no sales! Cost of living I guess. Not really a business though, more of a hobby. I don't rely on it for any money :)

[EDIT] Haha, I'd forgotten I'd already posted in this thread! For those of you who care, I completely abandoned my old store which had like 500 lots on sale - very difficult to keep track on prices! Now I only stock 16.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter