Question for the "Old" Members

Is there a new card? I have my original from 2007. is it not valid any longer?
I'm not sure what year it was, but it's been a while. The new one is a blue card if you bought direct. I assume if you bought resale, you got a white card. My old one has the mountains with the Mickey sunrise and palm trees.

I'm not sure what year it was, but it's been a while. The new one is a blue card if you bought direct. I assume if you bought resale, you got a white card. My old one has the mountains with the Mickey sunrise and palm trees.
I think it's later than 2007. I purchased resale first in 2007 and have the blue card. There was no talk about restrictions at that time. I also can't remember when that started. I think the restrictions are dumb. Hasn't stopped people from buying resale.

I think it's later than 2007. I purchased resale first in 2007 and have the blue card. There was no talk about restrictions at that time. I also can't remember when that started. I think the restrictions are dumb. Hasn't stopped people from buying resale.
Do you mean earlier than 2007? That's weird. I purchased direct in 2008 and received the mountain card, and if I recall correctly, it was a few years before I got the blue card. Interesting!

Do you mean earlier than 2007? That's weird. I purchased direct in 2008 and received the mountain card, and if I recall correctly, it was a few years before I got the blue card. Interesting!
Maybe I got mixed up, the blue card I was referring to was the old one with the mountains. The new blue card, I have but I don't know when it became a thing to have a blue card.

Maybe I got mixed up, the blue card I was referring to was the old one with the mountains. The new blue card, I have but I don't know when it became a thing to have a blue card.
Gotcha. I guess I just don't think of my card with the mountains as a blue card since it has so many colors, but you are right; it's primarily blue. I think of my blue card as the solid blue card with the silver Mickey earth.

I think the new (boring) blue card came out around the time of the addition of one of the resale restrictions. Maybe in the 2015/2016 timeframe? Resale members apparently don't get a physical card and just have access to a digital white card. I'm really suspicious that's all everyone will have once these current blue cards expire and at best we'll be lucky to be able to request a physical card.

I have 3 old cards.

2 are dark blue with the 2 mountains logo, and the member number in large gold numbers.

The oldest one is light blue on the bottom and a sort of light pink towards the top, and has the 3 mountain logo. The member number is dark blue and raised numbers, and on the back it says 'valid through 10/31/97'.

The oldest one is light blue on the bottom and a sort of light pink towards the top, and has the 3 mountain logo. The member number is dark blue and raised numbers, and on the back it says 'valid through 10/31/97'.

That's the nicest looking one.

Agreed I hate the new one. Sadly I had a CM threaten not to give me a discount because I didn't carry the newer card. Seems dumb to me because unless there's counterfeits running around who care what version it is

Is there a new card? I have my original from 2007. is it not valid any longer?

The membership cards all have expiration dates now, yes. The old cards are no longer valid.

If you sell your membership, you will no longer be able to get the discounts.

The membership cards all have expiration dates now, yes. The old cards are no longer valid.

If you sell your membership, you will no longer be able to get the discounts.
Thanks for the info. Why didn’t,dvc send out new ones or a notification that the old ones aren’t valid anymore

Thanks for the info. Why didn’t,dvc send out new ones or a notification that the old ones aren’t valid anymore
You were supposed to get a new one in 2016 that’s dated to be good through 2021 (5years). There were a lot of problems with the distribution, it took many months, and many owners (like you) may never have gotten it.

If you don't have a new one (pic below), you can go online and get a digital card before you take a trip and keep that on your phone (screenshot should also be fine for the short term):

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter