Question for those who recently stayed at the RPR club level.

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
When we stayed there in August 2002 they would leave little gifts on the kids beds at night when they did turn down service. Seashell magnets, seashell braclets, that sort of thing. Are they still doing this?

As of last July they were. The only problem we had was that we usually came back to the room around 4pm (club snack time) or so and that's about the time they came to the room to leave the gifts, turn down lights, etc. Most of the time they would just knock and hand the trinkets to whomever answered our door. It was still a lot of fun getting little surprises every day!

When we stayed there the kids recieved smiley keychains, anklets, necklaces, and I can't recall what else. The housekeeping staff would put them on the pillows when they did turn down service.

When we visited the HRH in 2002, they also had great trinkets waiting for you at bedtime. I remember little pieces of cool jewelry, a fuzzy pen with tiger stripes, and a cool fiber optic pen light toy.

My kids loved this at the Hard Rock. Because of these boards I had heard about it and called the front desk to request nightly turndown. She asked what time we would like it and I said 8:00 figuring we would have come back and taken showers and would be at dinner by then. Every night my kids were excited to go back to the room and see what they got. I liked that they cleaned up all our dirty towels off the floor, since I lay them out to keep the kids from slipping, and leave fresh towels and toiletries and empty trash cans. We had one in diapers back then. When I requested turndown she asked if I had kids, so if they don't ask you might want to mention it.

Oh, I don't know if RP does this still, But I am hoping. We did not buy a single souvenier that trip!

I know what you mean! They were small gifts, but really fun to find them. The first night was a little eerie coming back to the room. The lights were turned down, music playing, and the robes had been laid on the beds. We almost thought we opened the wrong room!........but I caught on....and spoil easily;)

That sounds like fun. Nothing like coming back to the room and finding treats!

My boys weren't that impressed with the cute little gifts like shell magnets and bracelets, but I was and thought the gifts were rather nice since I got them all........and I was the one that planned the whole trip!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter