• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for those who stay at multiple resorts on one trip

JT's World

There is no such thing as too much Disney World
For those of you that have stayed in more than one Disney resort on the same trip, either by choice or out of necessity:

How do you transport your belongings from one resort to another? Do you drive or have a rental car, or does Disney provide a service to do this?

How much of a hassle is this process? Would you encourage or discourage other to do this?

Thanks for the help!

During my last trip in May I didn't have a rental car, so when I checked out of the first resort I left my luggage with luggage services. At some point while I was off enjoying the parks, my luggage arrived at the second hotel and I then called for the bags to be delivered to my room after check-in. Very painless... and would use this method again if we didn't have a rental car.

For our next trip in Oct/Nov we'll have a rental car and will again spilt the stay. So we'll just pack up the car and drive everything over.

It is easy. We had our check out slip on the door. We left our luggage and tip in the room. Called bell services and went to a park. Later we went to the other hotel to check in and went to another park. We called in the afternoon and they told us our room number.

It's really easy to split your stay. Pack your things and call bell services. They will store your bags for you and then transfer them to your new resort. When you check in to your new resort, call bell services and they will deliver your bags to you in your new room. A tip all along the way is appreciated.

The issues people seem to have are: having to pack up in the middle of the vacation, being without a room for part of a day, and having to wait to check in to a new room to receive your bags (they usually aren't delivered until after 3pm.)

I've never found this to be a problem, but then I like to have two resorts to enjoy on some vacations. Others like to unpack and not worry about it until they are leaving for home.

do it alot.

bring a backpack - put in here the things you will need for the day - any medicines, sunscreen, swimming suites, etc.

take that with you to the parks.

call bell services to come and get your luggage. then I like to go then to check in the other hotel. You can check in at 7 am. then I go to the parks.

now sometimes you will get a room immediately. so you can leave your backpack in your room if you want too.

Thanks for all of the great feedback. Now I will have to consider this more seriously as an option for our next trip.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter