Question - Hotel rates with or without annual pass

disneypharm

DIS Veteran
My family (4 of us) will be staying at AKL for a week in May. We are thinking about going to Universal for 3 nights right after. I priced out 3 nights at RPR to get the Express pass and came out to over $400 per night which is close to what we are paying for a week at AKL (renting points). Adding ticket cost to that will bring the total amount to more than I want to pay!! So, my question is, would I get a discount on room if I get an annual pass and if yes, when will those AP codes come out. If I can't get any discount on that price, we will just add 3 extra days to Disney. Southwest flights for May are opening soon, I would like to make my decision before we buy our airline tickets. Thanks in advance for giving me any help.

My family (4 of us) will be staying at AKL for a week in May. We are thinking about going to Universal for 3 nights right after. I priced out 3 nights at RPR to get the Express pass and came out to over $400 per night which is close to what we are paying for a week at AKL (renting points). Adding ticket cost to that will bring the total amount to more than I want to pay!! So, my question is, would I get a discount on room if I get an annual pass and if yes, when will those AP codes come out. If I can't get any discount on that price, we will just add 3 extra days to Disney. Southwest flights for May are opening soon, I would like to make my decision before we buy our airline tickets. Thanks in advance for giving me any help.

There is a good chance there will be APH rates in May. Looking back at old threads, rates as low as $209 for a standard 2 queen room at RPR were listed. Weekend nights are a bit more expensive. It looks like Jan 28 there were APH rates available for May, that is the first post I see mentioning it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“official”-2019-on-site-hotel-date-rate-thread.3694755/

You are paying $400 for a week at AKL? Where can I get that deal?

Not $400 a week. He said $400 a night at Royal Pacific, which for 3 nights was roughly what he was paying for a week at Animal Kingdom. 3 nights at $400 is $1200.

He's renting DVC points which is an absolutely great way to pay less at Disney, but with several caveats... the biggest is that once you buy the points, you won't be able to cancel your trip. We're doing it again on a split trip next spring break; we can stay at Bay Lake Tower for a price pretty comparable to a suite at the Art of Animation value property.

https://dvcrequest.com/dvc-guests/cost-calculator
I looked up 7 nights in May, and it came up to $1,224 for 7 nights in a studio. There are a couple of firms that specialize in booking DVC rentals. DVC is a timeshare program at Disney properties. If you can't use your points for some reason, firms like David's and the DVC Rental Store can help you sell your points.

Not $400 a week. He said $400 a night at Royal Pacific, which for 3 nights was roughly what he was paying for a week at Animal Kingdom. 3 nights at $400 is $1200.

He's renting DVC points which is an absolutely great way to pay less at Disney, but with several caveats... the biggest is that once you buy the points, you won't be able to cancel your trip. We're doing it again on a split trip next spring break; we can stay at Bay Lake Tower for a price pretty comparable to a suite at the Art of Animation value property.

https://dvcrequest.com/dvc-guests/cost-calculator
I looked up 7 nights in May, and it came up to $1,224 for 7 nights in a studio. There are a couple of firms that specialize in booking DVC rentals. DVC is a timeshare program at Disney properties. If you can't use your points for some reason, firms like David's and the DVC Rental Store can help you sell your points.

I am very familiar with DVC and David's. That is why the price seemed very strange to me. I read to post to mean that the OP had priced out 3 nights and found that it worked out to over $400/night which was more than they were paying for a week renting points at AKL. Skimming posts isn't wise, lol.

Last edited:
Thank you all. Yes, I used David's DVC. The total for one week at AKL is close to paying for 3 nights at Royal Pacific (the rate I got is $409 plus fees and taxes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter