Question on 2020 Package Release

CrimsonRave

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys! Waiting on Disney Worlds 2020 Package release to get an idea on prices for our 2021 trip for the 50th, but we are looking at going to Disneyland in 2020. When do they release packages online? Historical release dates? Just trying to make sure we are prepared for the cost.

Any information would be appreciated!

I’m hearing rumor rumblings of June 18th. But in past years it’s been July-ish.

I know World comes out on June 18th, just didn't know if land was following that schedule.

Just an FYI: You can often save quite a bit of money by booking your DLR vacation yourself separately. Many posters on this forum book separately instead of through Disney so that they'll have more spending money for the parks. If you want tips on how this is done, just ask!

So we are super interested in saving money. If we could book more days and save some, that's the way we would do it. Tickets there just seem soooooo expensive. Are there any good threads that anyone can recommend on booking separately?

So we are super interested in saving money. If we could book more days and save some, that's the way we would do it. Tickets there just seem soooooo expensive. Are there any good threads that anyone can recommend on booking separately?

I would look around at all the nearby hotels. You will save the most money staying off property. And see if any of them have an email list and sign up.

I saved almost $500 dollars on our rooms because I got an email about a flash sale. You also usually have until 24-72 hours before to cancel, so watching for deals until the last minute.

We book hotel separately and bought our tickets during a adult at kids prices promotion through get away today. Get away today also offers 5th day free sometimes. Also Disneyland daily and Disneyland with kids both offer a $10
Promo code for get away today.

If you have WDW experience, read this classic thread for good background info and trip planning info: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
For hotels:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/
After reading those threads, come back with further questions. At DLR, location is key -- you want to be walking distance to the parks if at all possible -- on or off site -- both have pros and cons -- one is not necessarily better than the other.
Tickets:
Look at Mousesavers.com for deals (all kinds of deals) from authorized third party vendors. Also look at Getawaytoday Travel, aRes Travel, Costco packages (sometimes the perks offered can make these a good deal), AAA, LMT Club (don't buy a membership -- Google for a free code). Some vendors now offer Maxpass (UT does). Check on this -- it can be a better deal to buy ahead, but not always.

When I did a side-by-side comparison, I was ableto save myself $452 by booking on my own, and buying tickets from an approved 3rd party ticket vendor. Well, maybe $400, since I suppose there is some value in the "freebies" from Disney direct (lanyard, pin, luggage tag, coupons?).

For budget minded trips....

Tickets from Last Minute Travel Club (Google for a free membership code) are typically about $30 less than other discount vendors, however Get Away Today has Adults-at-Kid's-Prices right now, so that could even things out.

We stay at Desert Inn and Suites. Clean, cheap, and seriously close. Comfy? Enough for most people. Generally around $140/night for a 2-queen room. The earlier you book, the better the price.

Flights are a bit of a variable. We fly from PDX and rarely pay over $100 each way.

Point being, with a little planning, it's pretty darn easy to book yourself, and significantly cheaper! Do check for cancellation policies, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter