Question on booking multiple rooms- linked reservation?

FirstTimertoDiz

<font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo
Hello fellow Dis'ers! I am planning a trip for next June with extended family, and just wanted to clarify a few things to make sure I am doing this correctly. Usually I am just booking for my family of 4, but this time my parents, and my sister and her bf are coming; since they have never been to wdw before, they want me to call in and make all ressies after we make decisions as a group.

1. So, if I call, I can book three rooms like this, correct?
Room 1: me, dh, ds, dd
Room 2: my mom and dad
Room 3: my sister and her bf

2. Even if I call and book all 3 rooms, do I get separate ressie numbers for each room, or is it considered just 1 reservation?

3. Can we all send in payments on our own, or would I be the only one able to make the payments?

4. Once we get there, would each room be able to link their own credit cards, or would all three rooms be on the same credit card?

5. Finally, if I got a pin code later on, I assume I could apply it to all 3 rooms (assuming there is availability). What if say my sister's bf got a pin code? Could HE call and apply it to all 3 of our rooms, even if he didn't make the original ressie?

Thanks everyone- and sorry for all the questions, lol! This is the first time we have all been able to take a vacation together, and I really want to give them all a magical experience. :wizard:

Hello fellow Dis'ers! I am planning a trip for next June with extended family, and just wanted to clarify a few things to make sure I am doing this correctly. Usually I am just booking for my family of 4, but this time my parents, and my sister and her bf are coming; since they have never been to wdw before, they want me to call in and make all ressies after we make decisions as a group.

1. So, if I call, I can book three rooms like this, correct?
Room 1: me, dh, ds, dd
Room 2: my mom and dad
Room 3: my sister and her bf

2. Even if I call and book all 3 rooms, do I get separate ressie numbers for each room, or is it considered just 1 reservation?

3. Can we all send in payments on our own, or would I be the only one able to make the payments?

4. Once we get there, would each room be able to link their own credit cards, or would all three rooms be on the same credit card?

5. Finally, if I got a pin code later on, I assume I could apply it to all 3 rooms (assuming there is availability). What if say my sister's bf got a pin code? Could HE call and apply it to all 3 of our rooms, even if he didn't make the original ressie?

Thanks everyone- and sorry for all the questions, lol! This is the first time we have all been able to take a vacation together, and I really want to give them all a magical experience. :wizard:

You can book three rooms under one reservation if you want, but I suggest making three separate reservations for two reasons: if you want to do the dining plan, each reservation has to do the same plan. With three reservations, each room has to do the same plan. So you could book quick service for your family, while your parents could book the regular dining - see? Also, if they come out with a great deal like this past year where there was a $200 gift card - each room would get one.

I just made reservations for our extended fmaily - 5 rooms in all. I put them all on my Disney Visa. Every room has their own reservation number, so they can make their own payments. For you to book them all, you need everyone's address and phone number. E-mail helps, too.

When they check in, they will give a credit card for charging purposes. When I made my reservation, they asked if the Disney Visa is the card I would use for charging and whether I wanted it on everyone's room, or just mine.

The PIN code thing...I think I was just told that you can use it for up to three rooms. I would think as long as the person who gets the code is one of those people, you would be fine.

Hope this helps!

You can NOT book 3 rooms under one res or even 2 rooms unless you only have 1 or 2 adults. It HAS to be separate ressies.

Yes you can each pay for your own room. Pay for yours and the other 2 will be on 7 day courtesy holds and they can call in and make their own payments or just give you the cc info and you can pay for them.

Yes you can put whatever credit card on whatever room when you get there and yes, pin codes usually apply to up to 3 rooms so whoever gets one you shouldnt have any problems applying it to all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter