• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on Lightning Lanes and e-Tickets

helenb

Wishing for the World...
We will be at WDW in January. This is our first trip to WDW with Lighting Lanes. It is also our first trip with e-tickets at WDW (i.e. we do not have the little plastic cards).

We have been to DL with Lightning Lanes and e-tickets. There, the tickets have a QR code that shows up in the app, and the reader scans the QR codes from the phone as you enter a ride. However, I don't think it works like that at WDW?

Just wondering how we redeem our Lightning Lane reservations if we do not have cards for our tickets, nor Magicbands. Do we need to go request a paper/plastic ticket from Guest Services?

We will be at WDW in January. This is our first trip to WDW with Lighting Lanes. It is also our first trip with e-tickets at WDW (i.e. we do not have the little plastic cards).

We have been to DL with Lightning Lanes and e-tickets. There, the tickets have a QR code that shows up in the app, and the reader scans the QR codes from the phone as you enter a ride. However, I don't think it works like that at WDW?

Just wondering how we redeem our Lightning Lane reservations if we do not have cards for our tickets, nor Magicbands. Do we need to go request a paper/plastic ticket from Guest Services?
You can set up Magic mobile to scan at the entrance to Lightening lanes - it's in the My Disney Experience app. Or you can request cards when you arrive.

You'll need to do one of those things anyway to enter the parks, or get magic bands.

You can set up Magic mobile to scan at the entrance to Lightening lanes - it's in the My Disney Experience app. Or you can request cards when you arrive.

You'll need to do one of those things anyway to enter the parks, or get magic bands.

Thank you! That makes sense. We'll head to Guest relations when we arrive and get physical tickets.

They won't take the printout of the e-ticket at the gate?

If you have a phone why bother with plastic tickets?

Sometimes it's fun (especially for me!) to have a paper "stub" of an event that immediately turns into a souvenir when your trip is over. Showing a graphic bar code on a phone has completely lost that personal touch of park entry.

Kind of like digital music vs looking at CD/LP booklets.

If you have a phone why bother with plastic tickets?
We also find it much easier to quickly pull a card out of our pockets and opposed to open an app then scroll through each person in the group.

I will say it can be challenging to get to a second tap when a larger group is standing there waiting for one person to scroll through each person's LL on their phone but in reality it takes very little time. Just feels long. :)

It's all personal taste as both work.

Thank you! That makes sense. We'll head to Guest relations when we arrive and get physical tickets.

They won't take the printout of the e-ticket at the gate?
They don’t have visual scanners at Disney World, just RFID/Bluetooth. So you can bring the printout to the gate, and will be given a plastic ticket card to use to scan in. The cards have the RFID chip embedded in them.
We also find it much easier to quickly pull a card out of our pockets and opposed to open an app then scroll through each person in the group.

I will say it can be challenging to get to a second tap when a larger group is standing there waiting for one person to scroll through each person's LL on their phone but in reality it takes very little time. Just feels long. :)

It's all personal taste as both work.
I agree that if you are scanning in for multiple people, MagicMobile is a pain. But if you are only scanning for yourself, and have Express Mode set up for your digital ticket (which is the default), you can scan an Apple Watch or phone without opening an app or even unlocking the device.

We prefer not to use a phone if we don't have to, although obviously it will be necessary for LL reservations, etc.

I appreciate the help given in this thread! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter