Question On Luggage

Phrebert

DIS Veteran
We're Going on the 4/24/04 Cruise and REALLY can't wait. We Fly
in the night before, and We heard that you don't see your luggage at all until the departure, Is that Right? :wave:

You will probably need to pick up your luggage and take it with you to your hotel for the night. The only time that you wouldn't see your luggage would be if you were going straight to the ship or to a Disney resort as part of the land/sea. Otherwise, don't put your tags on until needed.

If you are staying at the airport hotel and let them know that you will be taking the dcl bus, I believe you put your luggage outside of your door the evening before. At that point, you wouldn't see your luggage until it is delivered to your ship room. I believe this is also true if you are staying at a disney resort that provides transportation to the port, not all of them do. And of course, you would have to have arranged this through disney. You would need to put the tags on before they went into the hall.

Now if you are staying at another hotel such as at one at the port, they will not be picking up your luggage at all. You will need to put your tags on because you will need to check them before you go on the ship.

I hope I helped rather than confused!! I wasn't sure where you were staying.

Hi Phrebeert!

We Fly in the night before, and We heard that you don't see your luggage at all until the departure, Is that Right?

And if you're caught misbehaving, heretofor unseen CMs will run the family's underwear through a shredder...

Actually, the answer is no. You will have your luggage until you give it to DCL representatives to transport aboard the ship.

If you booked your air/transfer package through DCL, you will be staying at the Hyatt that is in the middle of the airport. You get off the plane, pick up your luggage at baggage claim on the 1st floor, and then go back the way you came to the Hyatt that is on the 3rd floor and above. The next morning, you put your luggage outside of the door with the exception of your day bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter