• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on pool hopping

mla973

DIS Veteran
I know this can be somewhat of a touchy subject here, so I hope I'm asking in the least controversial way...

If I recall correctly, DVC members have pool hopping ability. Does this mean members can go to any WDW pool (i.s. Poly, CBR, etc.), or just other DVC resort pools?

Thanks!

DVC members who are staying at a DVC resort on points can pool hop to any Disney resort pool except at Beach Club/Yacht Club or Animal Kingdom Lodge as long as the pools are not at capacity. There are also several time frames such as Christmas New Year weeks etc that it is not allowed. You are supposed to check with the front desk or lifeguards to confirm that it is okay. You should also have your room key and DVC member card available if asked for it.

As long as you are staying on points (as a DVC member) you can swim/poolhop at all pools except AKL, and Stormalong Bay. There are specific dates you cannot pool hop, during busy seasons. Call member services for specific dates. The only way to swim at AKL and SAB is to stay at that resort.

I know this can be somewhat of a touchy subject here, so I hope I'm asking in the least controversial way...

Very diplomatic of you! I have a follow-up (perhaps this should be posted as a separate question): Do DVC members staying at BCV still have the right to hop to other pools, even though SAB is off-limits to others? I know -- why would they want to? (perhaps to see the "scary clown" at BWV).

Thanks for the responses! I just saw a photo of the renovation Poly pool and it looks amazing!

childsplay Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo
Do DVC members staying at BCV still have the right to hop to other pools, even though SAB is off-limits to others?

Yes they can, but as you pointed out, I would suspect that few do.

I would just add that AKL pool is still excluded from pool hopping, if you are staying at BCV.

Very diplomatic of you! I have a follow-up (perhaps this should be posted as a separate question): Do DVC members staying at BCV still have the right to hop to other pools, even though SAB is off-limits to others? I know -- why would they want to? (perhaps to see the "scary clown" at BWV).

Yes, they do. All other pools except the AKL pool.

Why is the AKL pool unavailble for pool hopping? Is it really neat like SAB?

It appears to be mostly to keep the extra resort and animal related traffic to a minimum.

We are owners at BCV. One time every visit we love to come out the clown's mouth.:

Rob

The pool area at AKL is not that big in comparison to the number of guests, don't know if this policy will change with addition of the AKV pool area.

Do DVC members staying at BCV still have the right to hop to other pools, even though SAB is off-limits to others? I know -- why would they want to? (perhaps to see the "scary clown" at BWV).

I have to admit that DD & I will be in that minority one day during our June trip. We are staying at BCV and she has begged and made me promise to take her over to BWV to ride the clown slide :confused3:! Ahhh, the things we will do to keep our children happy. :rotfl: :rotfl:

From the DVC Member Website:

Pool Hopping Information for 2007

You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a Host/Hostess at the Front Desk of the Resort hotel you wish to visit to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your Disney Vacation Club "Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools. Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time because of capacity limitations. Due to expected high occupancy, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates*:
February 18 - 24, 2007
March 31 - April 8, 2007
May 25 - 28, 2007
June 30 - July 7, 2007
August 31 - September 3, 2007
November 19 - 25, 2007
December 16, 2007 - January 2, 2008
*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

We pool hopped to Poly on our recent trip to VWL since the main pool at VWL was under construction. It was very nice. It was not crowded. The kids had a great time and we enjoyed the poolside bar while watching them. There is a bathroom/changing room with showers under the waterfall.

... you asked for it. Thanks to this, I may not be able to sleep tonight -- coulrophobia is no laughing matter!

Coulrophobia.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter