Question on resort choice

padisneylover

<b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu
Ok here is the story. I hate choosing hotels I think it is the hardest choice of any part of the trip or so it seems this time. My DH is unable to walk around the parks any more so he will be using an EVC this trip. Because of this I booked a Garden View room at the Polynesian resort with the Premium pacakage. Here is the problem. Now that I have really got down to planing I am not sure that I have made the right choice. We have stayed in the past at AKL and loved it. We used the Platinum package last time (2yrs ago) and found it to be to much food and to much activity and really lost on the package but did love the room service. I am wondering what your thoughts are on doing this. Giving up the Premium package and taking concergie in either AKL or Polynesian and if so which of these would you recommend and why or would you suggest a different one and is so why? Or just staying with what I have and know that in all probility we won't be using all that we payed for but if we want to we will be able to do anyting without dishing out extra money. We have never stayed Concergie and don't know what to expect. We booked through Mousears so making our PS's is really not a perk for us.
I think one of the primary reasons I am doubting my choice is the bad reviews some of the Polynesian regular rooms are getting as far as condition. I also know that the refurnishing is not done and was concerned about the noise level since we do like it quiet.
Sorry about the long post but as you can see from this I am really wondering if my choice was right and it was based on using the EVC mainly.
Thanks,
Kathe

padisneylover said:
I think one of the primary reasons I am doubting my choice is the bad reviews some of the Polynesian regular rooms are getting as far as condition. I also know that the refurnishing is not done and was concerned about the noise level since we do like it quiet.
I don't have any suggestions except to mention that people are more likely to report negatives than positives. Sort of a rule of thumb I've seen for customer satisfaction is that for each person who complains, there are probably 9 who were satisfied.

One big positive for the Polynesian compared to AK is the easy access from the monorail resorts to MK and Epcot. You will be able to drive the ECV right on to the monorail.

Poly Concierge is considered the best of the deluxe resorts. As Sue says, there is a great advantage as it is on the monorail.

If you are staying in Conceirge you probably do not want to get the dining package since you have the availability of breakfast, snacks and desserts.

Thank you very much both of you. I think it is the fear of going to a new resort since AKL has been our home for the past three trips. I remember back when it was our first stay there and I was afraid that I had made a mistake and we really loved it there every time. Yes, Sue you are right I think sometimes the only posts are the bad ones and we don't see all the good ones. I guess I will just stick to my premium package and a garden view room and hope for the best.

Hello-
I just joined this board so I hope I am doing this right. I have never stayed at the Poly but I have stayed at the AKL and the Grand Floridian concierge and a number of hotels in the DD area. Next month we will be driving down to WDW again and will be staying at the Contemporary and this will be our 4TH time staying there: we just love this hotel so much more than the others. I know it isn't the fanciest of the deluxes and plenty of people complain about what they see as a lack of themeing but for my family (DH and I and one child with autism and one with ADHD) the simplicity of the Contemporary and the fact that we can WALK to the Magic Kingdom makes it much more appealing than the others. We always say that on our next trip we will try the Poly but each stay at the Contemporary has been so positive (Both North Wing and Tower) that we keep going back.

I95toWDW said:
Hello-
I just joined this board so I hope I am doing this right.
Welcome to disABILITIES. :wave:
You did it right.
I also had never thought of this:
the simplicity of the Contemporary
It is a less stimulating environment than some and might be just what some people are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter