Question on the cabins - tell me about them!

M

Merrimac

My family is heading to FW in 2 weeks - we were going to stay in the RV, but with a 15 month old along we've changed to stay in a cabin. I can't find much info on them. My sister, who made the reservation, says she was told there's a refrigerator and full kitchen - but is this true? She and my mom are cooking a lot, and I'd hate them to bring all this food and have no where to put it. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

The FW cabins have a full kitchen, including stove, full fridge, microwave and all the pots & pans you need. Best of all mousekeeping cleans the kitchen and loads the dishwasher.
FW is a great resort. So much to do and so little time so plan some down time to explore the resort and take advantage of the activities. You also might want to consider reserving a golf cart in advance. They are real handy for getting around. Have fun!

You'll also have a nice deck with a charcoal grill (bring your own lighter & charcoal) and a picnic table! Mousekeeping also cleans out your grill every day! :D

The cabins at FW offer things that no other resort at WDW can. Many outdoor activities are offered, As well as all of the other things that WDW offers being just a short bus ride away.
Our family found the cabins to be very convenient.

We just returned from our first trip to wdw on Friday and stayed in a cabin (loop 2100). It was great!

There is a fully equipped kitchen w/ plenty of cabinet space, including a pantry and a table with a bench and 3 chairs. The living area has a TV, a small couch, 2 small chairs, and 2 small tables, along with a couple of built-in cabinets and a murphy bed. There is a full bath with one sink, and the bedroom comes with a double bed, built in drawers, closet w/ hangers, nightstand, and a set of bunk beds.

It was perfect for my dh and I and our 2 children. Because of the separate bedroom, the kids could go to bed and we could stay in the living room for some "kid-free time" to plan the next day.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Check this site out for more info on the cabins!! FW CABINS
Make sure to click on the other links given on that site to find out even more info.

Have a great time!!:)

Be sure and check out Jeff Spencers's Fort Wilderness page. He has pictures of inside and outside of the cabins.

My family stayed in a cabin for Christmas 2001. For us it was perfect! Some of the things you need to bring can be found on Deb Wills or Jeff Spence's site. I especially recommend the coffee filters, salt and pepper, liquid dish soap, cups for the bathroom, and a cookie sheet. I had brought some of the new disposable bake ware and that worked well in both oven and microwave. You can use a time bake feature to warm things if you like. I really like the extra room that the cabins give you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter