Question on Unlimited Express Pass

popeboy

Earning My Ears
My apologies if this has been asked many times before, but we have only gone to Universal twice in the past and have never done the Express Pass.

We are doing one day at IOA on Wednesday Sep 9th and I priced out the Unlimited Express Pass for our family of 4 and then priced out a one night stay at Lowes Royal Pacific Resort which includes the Unlimited Express Pass for each of us. It was $40 cheaper to just book the cheapest room available (that we wouldn't even use as we are booked at Disney properties all week).

Is there a reason not to do it this way? Any catch I don't know about that you guys are aware of?

Thanks for your time!

That’s what we did the last time we went. We had a room booked on points, so we only used it for a mid day break one day and used the pool. You just have to go check in early that morning and your room key will be used as your unlimited express pass. It worked out for us really well because we had 2 days that we could use it (check in and check out day) so it was a no brainer.

My apologies if this has been asked many times before, but we have only gone to Universal twice in the past and have never done the Express Pass.

We are doing one day at IOA on Wednesday Sep 9th and I priced out the Unlimited Express Pass for our family of 4 and then priced out a one night stay at Lowes Royal Pacific Resort which includes the Unlimited Express Pass for each of us. It was $40 cheaper to just book the cheapest room available (that we wouldn't even use as we are booked at Disney properties all week).

Is there a reason not to do it this way? Any catch I don't know about that you guys are aware of?

Thanks for your time!
The only catch I would be aware of would be the extra adult fee. An additional charge of $40 per extra adult applies for more than 2 adult guests per room. But depending on your group, this might not apply.

Basically, what Erica said.

Stop by to pick up room keys & head merrily off to the parks!

Thanks for the replies! Last thought, does Universal do mobile check in where I wouldn't even need to stop at the front desk? I wasn't sure If the express passes would be sent to your phone after check in or if I had to stop and pick up physical room keys and express passes.
Thanks again

Thanks for the replies! Last thought, does Universal do mobile check in where I wouldn't even need to stop at the front desk? I wasn't sure If the express passes would be sent to your phone after check in or if I had to stop and pick up physical room keys and express passes.
Thanks again
No. You need to physically check in and get room key cards which are your EP's. Everyone does not need to be there at check in, just the person whose name the reservation is in.

The only catch I would be aware of would be the extra adult fee. An additional charge of $40 per extra adult applies for more than 2 adult guests per room. But depending on your group, this might not apply.
Is that $40 per day or per stay? At what age do they consider you an adult for this surcharge?

Not the catch, but the other thing to consider would be to do a second day at Universal, since the unlimited express passes from your room are good for both check-in and check-out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter