Question re: bibs through travel providers

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
If a race sells out, is it possible that bibs can still be available through travel providers? Or are all bibs sold out once bibs are sold out through rundisney/Active?

Thanks!

VP

If a race sells out, is it possible that bibs can still be available through travel providers? Or are all bibs sold out once bibs are sold out through rundisney/Active?

Thanks!

VP

Travel agents have their own set of bibs for sale. There are very often bibs available through travel agents once RunDisney has sold out directly. There is a listing of TAs for each race on the RunDisney event page. It's just a matter of checking with them to see who has what available. Just be aware that bibs from TAs come with strings attached, usually park tickets (unless you're an AP) and minimum hotel stays for WDW races. If TAs sell out, there's also the charity partner route you can explore as they have their own bibs, too, and are also listed on the RunDisney event pages.

Before there was a minimum stay requirement, I used Acclaim travel for a 10K bib for 2015 marathon weekend long after it had sold out. Very easy, great communications

Last edited:

Before there was a minimum stay requirement, I used Acclaim travel for a 10K bib for marathon weekend long after it had sold out. Very easy, great communications

I used the same for the Star Wars DW races last year. I had to pay for hotel but not tickets. Looks like it has changed. It was super easy with great communication.

So if you have an AP, what are the requirements through a TA for races. I wanted to sign up for the 10k for half marathon weekend but I was waiting for my CC to roll over for the month and now it's sold out.

So if you have an AP, what are the requirements through a TA for races. I wanted to sign up for the 10k for half marathon weekend but I was waiting for my CC to roll over for the month and now it's sold out.

It depends on whether you're talking about WDW or DL. "Half marathon weekend" is a bit vague on that. For WDW, you have to make a resort reservation with them (two night minimum, I think) and purchase park tickets. Travel agents (or at least Acclaim) are able to waive the requirement for park tickets if all people registered to stay in the room are AP. For DL, there usually isn't a resort requirement and there wasn't a park ticket requirement when I went with them for Disneyland Half Weekend last year, but I don't know if that's standard practice.

I'd check with the TA you want to use. I'm in Acclaim's mailing list so I have read their take on things. And their take changes as time goes on and the desperation to sell bibs grows. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter