Question re: Dining reservation & park hopping

jmasgat

DIS Veteran
I have a brunch reservation for Sun Jan 14 at Lamplight Lounge (noon-ish). My park reservation that day is for DL, and I expected that I could hop over (I have a 3-day PH). Had slight panic when someone posted on the rundisney forum that DCA was showing no availability for PH passes (this has since changed). It begs the question: what happens if a park subsequently becomes full for your ticket type and you already hold a dining reservation? Are you SoL? Does holding a dining reservation mean anything? It's not like you can easily change reservations--I stalked the app just to get this one on the day/hour/minute it opened.

I don't usually dine out at Disney, am typically at WDW, and haven't had this situation crop up before.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you should be fine as Park Hopping is always available after 11am. If entering prior to 11am you just have to go into the park you first reserved, but after 11am it doesn't matter (as long as you have a Park Hopper type ticket, not 1 day/1 park.)

I don't think dining reservations will override reservation rules so just don't book breakfast since that would be early AM.

Many times DL side has shown 'sold out' for my Magic Key so I just reserve DCA and go straight into DL as normally I don't get to the park before 11am.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/park-hopper/

1701813329056.png

Last edited:
the park reservation is only to get you into the first park. Once you get in, and the time crosses the park hopping time (which I think is 11am at DL), you can park hop as many times as you want with no restrictions (as of this posting). The fact that the park is "full" for original park reservations is irrelevant to park hopping.

Note that it IS possible that a park becomes so full that they won't allow you to enter the park, but that is only on exceptionally busy days (think Christmas), and it doesn't always happen. This is not connected to park reservations per se, but restrictions due to safety.

Of course, any of the rules can change, but as of right now, you should be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter