Question re: Wine & Dine Transportation

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
Hi all, my wife, daughter and I are running in the 5k on November 3, and my wife is running the 10k and half marathon on November 4 and 5. The 5k starts at 6:30 a.m. and the 10k/half marathon at 5:30 a.m. At this point I think we'll be staying at Beach Club. I am trying to figure out (1) what time the buses start running to the race start site(s) (2) what time we actually need to be at the bus stop to make the races and (3) are there multiple buses returning from the race site or will we have a long wait? It looks like in past years that the half marathon ended in Epcot, and if that is the case this year I assume my wife can walk from the finish back over to Beach Club?

Thanks in advance!

I did the half last year. The buses start at 3. I stayed at Saratoga Springs, and got to the bus stop around 3:20. There were 3-4 buses lined up, and each one left when full. I got to the race site at ESPN around 3:45. If you're in a forward corral (I was in C), you're supposed to get there by 4:30, but it's not strict. The finish is in the Epcot parking lot. Even though you run through Epcot, the park is not otherwise open to visitors -- spectators were limited to the parking lot. So whether she will be able to walk through Epcot will depend on whether the park is open by the time she is finished with the race and any post-race activities.

I did the half last year. The buses start at 3. I stayed at Saratoga Springs, and got to the bus stop around 3:20. There were 3-4 buses lined up, and each one left when full. I got to the race site at ESPN around 3:45. If you're in a forward corral (I was in C), you're supposed to get there by 4:30, but it's not strict. The finish is in the Epcot parking lot. Even though you run through Epcot, the park is not otherwise open to visitors -- spectators were limited to the parking lot. So whether she will be able to walk through Epcot will depend on whether the park is open by the time she is finished with the race and any post-race activities.
Great, thanks. That is an early start time for the buses!

Last year they said you HAD to be on the bus by 4. I went down at 3:15-3:20, bus got there shortly before 4. But we made it with some time to spare. I was at the Contemporary. They said one of the drivers called out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter