Question regarding the sports simulator on the Fantasy

eeyoremommy

DIS Veteran
I remember seeing in someone's review that they didn't get to do it because it was all booked. How does the process go for the simulator (sign up, etc)? What sports does it have? The Disney site said it had tennis. Can anyone confirm? How busy is it usually? TIA. DS discovered this feature last night and wants to try it once we're on the ship.

I have read some threads about this and you sign up at Guest Services.

From my recollection, they have baseball (pitching), hockey, soccer, golf. There may be more, but those aren't in my brain. I know my DS would love the baseball, so planning on signing him up for some time there when we sail in September.

HTH

Where can I find more about this? I don't even know what you are talking about but with teen boys (and one Grownup DHkid) on a sold out ship, I would like to know how to book this quickly. Can it be booked before we leave? I don't see anything online, only girl stuff for princesses.

I posted this a week or so ago:

Sports Simulators
I haven't read much here about the Sports Simulators so I thought I'd share my experience with you. My son and I booked a half hour a few days after boarding (cost was $12). We showed up and the attendant gave us a quick 2 min primer on how to use the system (located on deck 13 aft near the 8th hole on the mini golf course). While we were under the impression that you would have to choose a sport then stick with that program for the entire half hour, it was even better than that in that you had complete control of the system thru a touchscreen monitor that allowed you to switch between the following:

-soccer (try to score on goalie Goofy)
-football (field goal kicking-which was impossibly difficult)
-football (passing challenge)
-hockey (just like soccer)
-basketball (didn't try this one)
-baseball (pitching only-try and strike out Goofy)

Beneath the computer is a rack full of various sports balls and equipment needed to play. My son and I had a ball and a half hour was more than enough and a great deal for the money.

Golf was a separate event located on the other side of the room. While we were there they had a longest drive challenge which was free to participate (see your navigator for times) and alot of fun as well. I wouldn't recommend the golf simulator for kids. It's quite difficult and less satisfying than the sports simulator (not to mention twice the price).

There are two sides to the sports simulator, one is golf and the other side is soccer, baseball, hockey are the ones I remember. The golf side is only for those with "golf experience". My DS wasn't able to do the side since he told them he hadn't played before. You can either sign up at guest services or you can go directly to the simulator to sign up. It does get booked as the week goes along but they book in 30 minute increments so there are a LOT of spaces to be filled all day. There is an extra charge for this though I don't remember exactly how much it was. I don't remember it being unreasonable for the hour my DS, DD and all their friends (met on the cruise) did it for.

I posted this a week or so ago:

Sports Simulators
I haven't read much here about the Sports Simulators so I thought I'd share my experience with you. My son and I booked a half hour a few days after boarding (cost was $12). We showed up and the attendant gave us a quick 2 min primer on how to use the system (located on deck 13 aft near the 8th hole on the mini golf course). While we were under the impression that you would have to choose a sport then stick with that program for the entire half hour, it was even better than that in that you had complete control of the system thru a touchscreen monitor that allowed you to switch between the following:

-soccer (try to score on goalie Goofy)
-football (field goal kicking-which was impossibly difficult)
-football (passing challenge)
-hockey (just like soccer)
-basketball (didn't try this one)
-baseball (pitching only-try and strike out Goofy)

Beneath the computer is a rack full of various sports balls and equipment needed to play. My son and I had a ball and a half hour was more than enough and a great deal for the money.

Golf was a separate event located on the other side of the room. While we were there they had a longest drive challenge which was free to participate (see your navigator for times) and alot of fun as well. I wouldn't recommend the golf simulator for kids. It's quite difficult and less satisfying than the sports simulator (not to mention twice the price).

Thank you so much! This sounds like fun and if we can have say my big kid and two teen boys do a 30 minute session together they will have fun competing against each other as well as Goofy! I will try and put this on our must do. It is $12 for the session, not $12 per person right?

"It is $12 for the session, not $12 per person right?"

That's correct. $12 for a 30 min. session, regardless of the number of participants.

Thanks. DS will be bummed. He might try the soccer, but he got really excited when the Disney website mentioned tennis. Now, it appears that tennis isn't an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter