• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question time sensitive

frangi

Disney Freak
So here goes

Hi I have a room only reservation for two people with the dinning plan that starts next Tuesday now the second person in that room is not going (I'm leaving out all the personal reasons why.) what can I do? Does she lose everything? I don't want to pay extra for her not going? Is she entitled by Disney to be refunded her dinning plan? it's a long story.

Os it room only or is it a package with a dining plan?
With the room only, yes, you would have five days to cancel for a full refund.
With the package, since it is within 30 days, technically it is too late, but you/she have nothing to lose by calling and explaining the circumstances. Disney is kind and flexible in my experience. Especially if just rescheduling and not canceling.

It's room only and it's my nephews ex girlfriend they broke up last night. lol! I know I wasn't sharing this info but who breaks up with someone 5 days before you go to Disney.

So you have a ticketless package then correct? You can have room only or you can have a package you need to have a package if you have the dining plan Disney refers to it as a ticketless package so I would assume it falls under the same rules as any other package. Although I believe you don't want to cancel the reservation but need to remove 1 person from the reservation/dining plan correct?

Best advice I have is to call and ask hopefully you can just remove 1 person but isn't it all already paid for? If you can't remove at this late of a time then your nephew can enjoy some signature meals to try and cover all the TS credits or better yet find someone who may be able/willing to go in the other person's place.

Call WDW and ask that she be removed from the reservation. As long as she is not the lead guest, it isn’t an issue. They will refund any of her package components (dining and/or tickets). You will most likely be charged a $50 change fee as you are within 30 days of check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter