Question - Western Caribbian Ports

fumipappa

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are planning to take West Caribbean cruise in Feb 2014.
The trip has 3 ports, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

We want to walk around port, shopping and hanging at beach if there is any near by.
Ideally, we are looking for the port like Philipsburg in St.Maaren.
Phillipsburg was the ideal for the day without having excursion when we took east Caribbean cruise.

Could you suggest there is such port in Western Caribbean ports?

Thanks!

I would say that Grand Cayman is your best bet of the 3 ports, but I am not sure about beach access--I am sure someone else can inform you about that aspect. Grand Cayman is a lot more built up than it used to be, but is quite safe to walk around. You will be tendering in to port.
Costa Maya is essentially a cruise company created port, with a small (and very overpriced, I had to buy some tylenol and the small bottle was $8) shopping area, restaurants, bars, and a pool area. Not much else worthwhile within comfortable walking distance, but YMMV.
Cozumel is a fine mix of environments, lots of shopping, but has become a lot more touristy over the years. The street hawkers can be pushy, be prepared to say 'no' a lot.

Just off the Fantasy. Based upon disboard recommendations we spent the day in Costa Maya at Tropicante "beach club". What an incredible day. Cab was $2 per person. No fee for lounges and umbrellas. White sand beach. Crystal clear water. Food, drinks and water sports at very reasonable prices. Very friendly staff. The boards got this one right. It looked like a Corona commercial. If you have any questions, you can pm me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter