Question - What IF Luggage is Not on Carousel at MCO

Bea

DIS Veteran
I am preparing for our trip tomorrow. We are flying Westjet and transfer through YYZ (from YHZ). After much debate, we have decided to check one bag. For what it’s worth, it will have an air tag in it.
My question is, when we get to Orlando and IF the bag is missing, is there a West jet baggage desk?

All airlines at MCO should have a customer service desk in arrivals. AC lost my bag a few years ago - basically failed to put it on the flight - and I went to the desk when I landed and filled in a form. AC had a driver drop it off at my address in the middle of the night. Not ideal. One of the many reasons why I fly carryon only whenever possible.

Reactions: Bea
There is a delayed luggage counter. You go there and they scan the bar code provided when you check the luggage in. That lets them track where it is and gives you options. It might be coming on the next flight, so you might want to wait, or if it’s quite delayed they often deliver it to you so ask where your staying.

In case of this, I make sure everyone has an outfit in each carry on, so we all have clothes for the first few days.

I now take a photo of every piece of checked luggage, so I can give an accurate description of all of them. Haven’t had stray luggage for a while, but in the bad old days, you used to be required to give a verbal description to the people at the delayed luggage counter.

Any time we check bags, I take photos of the luggage itself but also a picture of content. Sometimes it's hard to remember what's in each piece of luggage so if one gets lost, easier to know what's missing.

Our carry-ons always have our medication, some sunscreen in travel bottles, at least one change of clothes, swimsuit, sandals, toothbrush/toothpaste, chargers and anything we would really need for at least the 1st full day of vacation. Also snacks that are filling in case we are stuck in the airport or the place for longer than expected.

It happens. For this reason I also pack my carry on with a change of clothing, 1 bottom and 2 tops, undies, pjs, bathing suit, and extra pair of shoes/sandals. Toiletries, etc To get me thru 48hrs.

Besides putting an entire day’s worth of clothes in each other’s checked bags, we do the same in our carry-on bags, so we know as long as we arrive with one bag still in our possession, both of us will have a change of clothes for the next day, wherever we go. I am a great believer in gate-checking a bag when given the opportunity, but there are too many stories of them going issuing these days. medications and electronics are always in our personal bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter