Question

Mish

DIS Veteran
How do I persuade my DH to go back to Disney next year? He said 2 years in a row is enough. (He did say I can go the year after next) I tried to explain that this is the best place to go with children. We have a son who will be turning 5 when I want to go. We went the last two years and he said next year he wants to go someplace else. I figure that there is so much to do there and it would cost us the same to go to one of those all inclusive places. Any ideas. Thanks Michelle

How about a Disney cruise? I have heard they are absolutely fantastic. But I agree with you, Disney every year is great...and thankfully, my husband agrees.

How about using the fact that your son has grown and he might even be tall enough for the thrill rides now. He also is the "perfect age" to do Disney. Point out all the things that DH likes best about WDW. For my DH not having to drive anywhere for a week gets it for him.
BTW- None of this works for me and so we go every other year. Not so bad and we have been to some other cool places. This is our WDW year. YEA!!!

Jordan's mom

Mish, remind him of the fun that you had the last time. Show him last year's pictures and talk about how much you enjoyed the trip. What didn't you get to do last year that you could do this year? What is new since last year? (are you going after Space opens?) Ask him to find someplace that offers as much as WDW offers. What was his favorite part of the trip? Was it strolling through AK or Epcot's WS? Was it the rides? Was it eating his way around the world? Was it the shows? Was it the whole "attention to detail" thing? I can't think of anywhere else that provides the variety that WDW does.

I'm lucky in that our whole family is so Disney-fied that we start planning our next vacation the week we return from our current one!

:earsgirl:

We love WDW too but are on the everyother year plan. We want to show our children other parts of our wonderful country. When we go to non-WDW vacations we go with the mindset that it will be a different type of trip. I'd have to say our kids have enjoyed all our vacations and have not complained about not going to Disney every year. As a matter of fact they have friends who have never been lucky enough to go to WDW even once! So if your hubby wants to try somewhere else, try to be open to the idea, you might enjoy the break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter