Question....

DanaANgelo

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am just starting to research the DVC and have some questions. My guess is I would need about 175 points. It is $75 a point. 75X175=$13,125

So my question is what would be the monthly cost? For how long? How much is maintenance?

Thanks

Dana

edited to update price per point

Hi Dana:

welcome to the boards

Disney has recently raised their pricing per pt to $ 75.

Ed
DVC 1994

hi and welcome to the board: Ed is right; the price did go up the beginning of june. you can finance anywhere from 1year to 10 years if you deal with disney directly. i'm not sure what their current interest rates are. you may want to call and get their info packet. the rates were listed in there i believe. when we bought in initially, disney's rates were much better than the banks' home equity lines; but when we added on last fall, the banks' rates were better. your dues will run anywhere from about $3-$4 per point annually; it depends on which is your "home" resort. right now only vwl, hh, and vb are available directly through disney. okw and bwv are available via resale. the thing you will see most here and it's IMPORTANT is to buy where you plan to stay the most because of the 11 month priority window. hope this helped. dee

By monthly cost are you asking if you financed the amount??? If so, DVC will allow you to choose from 3, 5 and 10 year financing. Over 10 years it would be a little over $100 per month.

Maintenance cost is around $3.50 (+/-) per year per point, depending on which resort you purchase at. This too can be added to your monthly payment.

We purchased 170 points at VWL last December.
At the time it was $72.00 a point.
Used Magical Beginings (Sold back to Disney 85 points @ 10.00/point = $850.00) as down payment.
Financed thru Disney 10 years @ 8%.
Also, have payment automatically deduted from checking account, this reduced percentage rate by an 1/8 of a point.
Our monthly payment including dues is almost $215.00.
Hope this helps!
We will be going this fall and taking 5 others with us, with us supplying the rooms. The cash price of the rooms comes to almost 1/4 of what we would pay over the 10 years of the finance contract.
This will be our 5 trip in 4 years and our second as DVC members. If we would have purchased on our second trip and applied the money that we saved on room costs, we could have had DVC purchase paid in full now!
Live and learn.

Hi Dana, welcome to the boards.

If you have Microsoft Excel 97 or higher, you might be interested in the spreadsheet I created that can help you determine the right number of points for the types of vacations you might want to take. Here's a link to the original post....Click Here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter