Questions about adding a guest mid-trip

KandyM

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We have a 10 day trip planned with one extra guest arriving on day seven, staying at Movies. I'm planning to add him at the front desk on his arrival day, I believe that is called adding a day guest? There will be three of us in the room the first 7 days and 10 on those last three so room occupancy is not a problem.

I haven't yet but I am thinking of adding the dining plan to my room. If I do that will it mean I can no longer add this extra person on day 7?

Also, would the extra guest be entitled to attend EMH with the rest of us?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice. It is super helpful to hear from people who have actually done this and what their experiences have been.

He wouldn't be a day guest. He will b a registered guest. As a registeed guest, he can attend EMH.

You can get a Dining Plan for the 3 original guests for the whole ten nights, but not at all for the late arrival.

With DVC, when you add a guest at the front desk, they call them a day guest. They get access to your room, but not charging privileges to the room. It might or might not be the same with the hotels. You can request a magic band for your guest, but you wouldn't be able to add a dining plan for them when they arrive. It would need to added before you arrived and for your entire stay. If your added guest is the third adult (18 or older) in the room, you will need to pay the extra adult fee for the days they are there.

I've added guests mid trip 3 times now. Each time I had to wait until the day of their arrival to add them. GS said they could not add them until then. I'm unfamiliar with the dining plan so can't comment on that. Once added though, your guests are considered on site guests and have all the benefits that you do such as emh and pool use of your resort.

You can still do the dining plan on your existing reservation. When you add your extra guest on day 7, they would need to pay for dining OOP. Depending upon the ages of your guests, there may be an extra adult fee added to your room for days 7-10. They will be eligible for EMH, also.

I did this before for my mom, who joined us mid-trip. I think they can charge an added fee, but it was waived when I went to the front desk for her, when I was asking about it back then (a few years ago most people said they had the fee waived by the front desk).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter