Questions about Baby Care Centers

mom-2-3

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling to WDW next month with DD 11, DS 5(Ds) and DS 2. The boys are in diapers, DS 2 is no big deal, but my son with Ds has developed a fear of changing tables, especially the fold out ones, granted he is 40# and therefore at the top of the weight limit. So I am wondering, will there be a place at the Baby Care Centers that I can lay him out to change him? Thanks for your help.

Most of the restrooms don't have the fold out kind. Most have sort of a shelf built between 2 walls. The 'shelf' is either stainless steel or tiled and is very sturdy. Your other problem would be lifting him up since they are counter height.

A better choice would be First Aid in any of the parks. They have cots that you could use (and you would not be the first person to use one for diaper changes on older children).

Great thanks, actually lifting him is not a big deal, I still do this quite frequently - on his IEP I think it is referred to as a "physical prompt" :laughing:

My son Christian is 12 and wears Depends. We do a couple of things. If your DS can stand, train him to change diapers standing up. Then you can just duck into a restroom for a quick change. The First Aid stations' staff is wonderful. If you need more than a quick change, that's the place to go. They have cots in there so if you need to have your child lay down, they can accomodate you. And each cot has a draw curtain to make a little private, quiet booth. IMO, better than the baby station because I didn't have to endure and questioning looks about why my big boy was changing diapers and drinking from a sippy cup.:upsidedow

Christian is 100% trained,but he simply can't "make" in a large public restroom. He goes about the same time every day, so we headed to the first aid station around 1pm for a little R&R while he spent his 20 minutes pushing in private.:wizard: While we were there we saw other people laying down with migraine, vomiting, cuts and swollen knees. There are nurses and EMTs available, if you need help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter