Questions about Capital One Venture

We talk about all sorts of credit cards on the I Love Credit Cards So Much thread near the top of page 1 of the Budget forum. Some people over there have this card and can help answer questions. Though, admittedly, most people are achieving more money back than what you get with the Cap1 Venture card so it's not one of the popular cards in that thread.
Yeah, I’ve been reading it off and on. It’s pretty intense, lol. Learning a bunch though.

Good to know. Seems it’s not as simple as they make it out to be. Thanks for answering.

It really is simple in that you can apply points to anything in the past few months that codes as travel. All credit cards have some things that don't code travel. It's $600+ of free travel. I just booked flights directly with the airline and a stay directly with the hotel to use the bonus. The bonus hit as soon as I hit the spending required, and I could immediately erase travel expenses (didn't have to wait for the statement to close).

I don't plan to keep it past the first year when the annual fee kicks in. If I needed to get global entry or TSA precheck it would reimburse $100 for that. The 2X points on all purchases is nice but not enough to keep me. I got mine in May and I just opened one for my DH to get another 60,000 point bonus.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve been reading it off and on. It’s pretty intense, lol. Learning a bunch though.

Right now, most people on the thread will tell you to post your question instead of reading all the back info. The information changes so quickly as the credit card companies introduce new products, cancel some options and add others.

They may be able to suggest a card for you that will net quicker and better travel rewards.

Someone also mentioned taking a credit 'hit' when applying for a card. Most of us are reporting that with a new application our credit dips 2-5 points and usually rebounds within 1-3 months and then by keeping your payments made and not carrying big balances from month to month, your credit will start to greatly improve as time passes.

People on the thread who can give you great advice will want to know how many cards you have applied for in the last couple of years plus any cards that you are an authorized user on. They will want to know what kind of travel you are wanting to pay for as well as what other interests you have relating to using rewards. For myself, I focus on hotel rewards.

I've had this card a little over a year and have about 1200 dollars in miles. I like the fact that it's medal and heavy. I also get alerts to my phone every time I charge something. The app works great and their customer service is awesome. It's the best card I've had. The Costco card is probably the best for cashback, but you can only use it at Costco.

I've had this card a little over a year and have about 1200 dollars in miles. I like the fact that it's medal and heavy. I also get alerts to my phone every time I charge something. The app works great and their customer service is awesome. It's the best card I've had. The Costco card is probably the best for cashback, but you can only use it at Costco.

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you can only use the cash back rewards at Costco? That is incorrect, you can take the reward check in to a Costco and they will give you cash for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter