Questions about CP

cinderella_girly

Mouseketeer
okay, so i'm only a teenager, so i probably shouldn't be on this board anyways, but ever since i've found out about the College Program I've dreamed of going to it. But, I have a few general questions:
1. Is it hard to get in to?(The CP)

2. What opportunities are there(like what do you do?)

3. Is it as great as it sounds?

4. Do i have to live in an Disney apartment? (One of my moms friends is a Cast Member, and she said she would be thrilled to have me, but she wasn't sure if that was allowed)

Thank you! Being only a highschool freshman, i'll make my way back to the teen board now...:rolleyes1

okay, so i'm only a teenager, so i probably shouldn't be on this board anyways, but ever since i've found out about the College Program I've dreamed of going to it. But, I have a few general questions:
1. Is it hard to get in to?(The CP)

2. What opportunities are there(like what do you do?)

3. Is it as great as it sounds?

4. Do i have to live in an Disney apartment? (One of my moms friends is a Cast Member, and she said she would be thrilled to have me, but she wasn't sure if that was allowed)

Thank you! Being only a highschool freshman, i'll make my way back to the teen board now...:rolleyes1

I haven't done the college program as I'm still in high school, but I'll try and answer your questions according to what I read on these boards :)

1. Not if you do well on your interviews and you put a lot of role choices on your roll checklist.

2. You can pick from many of the roles they have on the disney college program website. You put those on your role checklist and if you get in your recruiter picks which role to put you in while you're on the college program. They try to pick from your top 3 role choices. :)

3. From what I hear from people, YES. :cool1:

4. No it isn't as long as you can get them to approve your appeal. You'll have to file an appeal with housing and explain your situation to them. If they approve, then you can go live with your mom's friend. You also have to prove to them you have a reliable source of transportation to get to work with.

I'm applying for fall, so I'll try to answer what I can.

1) Nobody can really say. You just need to try and do your best on your web & phone interview, and pick as many roles as you would be confortable with. After that, it's up to your recruiter.

2) Well, you can pick quite a variety of roles ranging from entertainment to hospitality to things like food service. Ultimately you don't decide exactly what role you're placed in though. Other than that there are classes you can take (& you may get credit for them, which is something you'd have to discuss with your future college), lots of oppurtunities to network, and the ability to live on your own for possibly the first time. There are lots of different advantages to the program.

3) That's something you would have to decide for yourself. A lot of people love it, have the time of their lives, and come back for multiple programs, but then again, there are also people who hate it.

4) Yes, you can live somewhere else, but it's supposedly a lengthy process. Although, one of the things many people love about the program is living in the housing and socializing there.

OK so now that I'm in the program and am going to arrive on the 1st, does Disney still really care whether or not you're inrolled/taking classes/etc at your college? I'm still waiting for the Disney Education Department to email me back so I know what I can do anyway (long story), so I have to wait before I talk to the school cousiler about independant study, and just wanted to make sure all this trouble is mandatory haha ;)

1. I found it very easy to get into.

2. I did Merchandise. Most people I knew down there did quick service food. I didn't because working around food with my dog wouldn't be a good plan.

3. I'm going to give a different opinion, because in all honesty I didn't really like the program. It was a lot of hours, a lot of bad hours. I kept being told to work from 5pm - Midnight, then be there by 8am the next morning. I get sick a lot and they weren't very tolerant of that. I liked Chatham, Vista was alright. I made some great friends, two of whom I'm flying halfway across the country to visit tomorrow. Going to the parks on all my days off was amazing though.

I'd say give it a try. It didn't work for me, I didn't particularly like all aspects of it, but it was a great experience either way. When the time comes, apply, try it out. If it isn't a good fit, than that's okay too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter