Questions about Disney Transportation for Cruises

Jax

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am heading on a 7 night Disney Cruise in February. We are going to be spending a couple of days before the cruise at the Polynesian and then 1 night after the cruise at the Dolphin.

I have a couple of questions about Disney transportation between the resort and port:

1) On the Disney busses going from the resort to the port, do they show movies about the cruise (like how they tell you about WDW when on Magical Express from the airport to the resort)?

2) I have read several comments about timing of the transportation. I have already made all of the reservations that I can in advance (Palo, spa, etc) so the only reason I have for getting to port early is to sign up for things like the Galley Tour, Art of Entertaining Series, Tea with Alice etc. I believe we are a full ship, if I use Disney transportation am I not going to be able to sign up for these activities?

3) After the cruise, we will be spending a night at the Swan & Dolphin. Does Disney do transportation from the port to the Swan & Dolphin?

4) If not, am I able to use Disney transportation to either the Boardwalk or the Beach/Yacht Club and then just walk to the Dolphin? If so, which is best resort to go to?

Thanks for your help, the cruise planning stuff is all new to me :confused3

Your arrangement can best be described as land-sea-land. You would have to inquire separately about Disney Cruise Line transportation since the normal DCL goes airport-Disney-port-airport or airport-port-Disney-airport and customization with possible extra cost would be needed.

Alternatively, you arrange to have the Dolphin (afterwards) be the official land portion and then you use Magical Express to go from airport to Polynesian to airport and DCL transportation for the rest. Allow enough time to make the connec tion at the airport for the (sea)port.

Swan and Dolphin are included for DCL transportation.

You may not use DME to Boardwalk etc. in order to walk to the Dolphin.

The same buses may be used but you are either under DME rules or under DCL rules depending on how the transportation was reserved.

Hello,

1) On the Disney busses going from the resort to the port, do they show movies about the cruise (like how they tell you about WDW when on Magical Express from the airport to the resort)?

2) I have read several comments about timing of the transportation. I have already made all of the reservations that I can in advance (Palo, spa, etc) so the only reason I have for getting to port early is to sign up for things like the Galley Tour, Art of Entertaining Series, Tea with Alice etc. I believe we are a full ship, if I use Disney transportation am I not going to be able to sign up for these activities?

3) After the cruise, we will be spending a night at the Swan & Dolphin. Does Disney do transportation from the port to the Swan & Dolphin?

4) If not, am I able to use Disney transportation to either the Boardwalk or the Beach/Yacht Club and then just walk to the Dolphin? If so, which is best resort to go to?

1. Yes they have a similiar though cruise oriented movie.

2. It depends some Disney transport show up early but some late. You are at the mercy of DCT since they purposely stagger the buses so they don't all show at once.

3. No, you will not be able to use Disney Cruise Transport to non disney resort.

4. Only if you have a reservation at the BW will you be able to take DCT there.

Keep in mind that DCT cost $35 each way each person. Take a look at your costs and consider if an alternative is worthwhile.

Your arrangement can best be described as land-sea-land. You would have to inquire separately about Disney Cruise Line transportation since the normal DCL goes airport-Disney-port-airport or airport-port-Disney-airport and customization with possible extra cost would be needed.

Alternatively, you arrange to have the Dolphin (afterwards) be the official land portion and then you use Magical Express to go from airport to Polynesian to airport and DCL transportation for the rest. Allow enough time to make the connec tion at the airport for the (sea)port.

Swan and Dolphin are included for DCL transportation.

You may not use DME to Boardwalk etc. in order to walk to the Dolphin.

The same buses may be used but you are either under DME rules or under DCL rules depending on how the transportation was reserved.
DME is not the issue here. The OPs question deals with transportation to port, from the Polynesian, and then back to the Dolphin...no DME involved at all.

If you want to get to the port early don't depend on DCL transportation. Car service can get you there early enough to have a chance at some other alternatives that you would like to do. You pick your time for transportation pick-up.

Another advantage is that car service is almost a no-hassle type of transportation. Transportation from the Poly by bus will run you from two to two and a half hours which includes the waiting for the bus and the bus picking up at the other resorts. Car service gets you to the port one and one half hours after you are picked up. It is driect from the hotel to the port.

A lot depends also on your group. If you are a larger family car service is cheaper.

This is all so much to absorb, I need to just move to Florida so I can get there when I want to. LOL

1) Yes, DCL will show a short movie about being on DCL and what to expect, especially for checking in.

2) DCL picks up from resorts between 11:30 and 12:30. You will arrive at port between 1:30 and 2:30. The advantage to this, IMHO, is that you are able to check in quickly and immediately board the ship. In most cases, your stateroom will also be ready and you will be able to drop off your carry ons before lunch. You sign up for teas, tastings, etc. at Guest Services and shouldn't have a problem getting tickets for these events after you embark.

3) DCL will drop off at the Swan and/or Dolphin.

Is there a sticky for people who are going from Disney World to Port Canaveral and all the options/average prices?

I'd like to drive ourselves, just pick up a car the day prior in DisneyWorld but don't know what car rental places are onsite/what their hours are. From what I've read drop fees for one-way rentals are fewer and farther between in Florida. And also do something similar on the return, though that way I wouldn't mind using the Disney transportation as much since the schedule isn't as critical (I'd like to get onto the ship as early as possible!) I have a feeling the rental rate will be significantly cheaper than the $35 per person since we'll have 4 people (and not much luggage since we'll just send most of ours to be stored at the next villa's bell services for our 3 day cruise).

Someone suggested a car service? What companies run those? How much does that generally run?

If you haven't already, your question should be posted on the cruise board - you will get lots of experienced advice there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter