• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about DVC tour

Hatbox

Mouseketeer
We're taking a tour of AKL during our trip in August.

- I assume that means we'll look at Kidani Village?

- Can we request to tour a Jambo unit instead? Do we want that?

- We have dinner reservations at Jiko right after - can we walk there from Kidani? (never been to AKL before!)

- If extra FP+s are offered to us, can they be used on attractions which have no more FP+s available? (I know certain rides are restricted completely. But if, for example, Splash Mountain has no more FP+ left for that day, can I still use one of the DVC bonus FPs to get in?)

- I know we won't be purchasing this year, but we are interested in learning if it may be right for us in two years. That's an acceptable use of this tour, right? Should I be upfront about that from the outset? I'd hate for the DVC agent to think we're just there for the freebies.

- If extra FP+s are offered to us, can they be used on attractions which have no more FP+s available? (I know certain rides are restricted completely. But if, for example, Splash Mountain has no more FP+ left for that day, can I still use one of the DVC bonus FPs to get in?)
With the free FastPasses, they're generic passes that will allow you to walk up to any ride, outside of the usual suspects (FEA, 7DMT, FOP, NRJ, TSM, AS2, SDD), and tap to get in. No need to be concerned about FP+ availability on those rides.

Be careful that you don't go early/late to a scheduled FP+ (unofficial 15m +/- grace period notwithstanding), as it will default to your free FP+ and use that up. Then suddenly you just Barnstormed your way out of your free FP+, and somewhere a fairy dies. Pretty sure how that works... both the free FP+ and the fairy dying thing.

With the free FastPasses, they're generic passes that will allow you to walk up to any ride, outside of the usual suspects (FEA, 7DMT, FOP, NRJ, TSM, AS2, SDD), and tap to get in. No need to be concerned about FP+ availability on those rides.

Be careful that you don't go early/late to a scheduled FP+ (unofficial 15m +/- grace period notwithstanding), as it will default to your free FP+ and use that up. Then suddenly you just Barnstormed your way out of your free FP+, and somewhere a fairy dies. Pretty sure how that works... both the free FP+ and the fairy dying thing.

hahaha, thanks! As I read more, I'm understanding there are multiple sample units at SS. Will Kidani also have a Copper Creek model to tour?

We're taking a tour of AKL during our trip in August.

- I assume that means we'll look at Kidani Village?

- We have dinner reservations at Jiko right after - can we walk there from Kidani? (never been to AKL before!)

- I know we won't be purchasing this year, but we are interested in learning if it may be right for us in two years. That's an acceptable use of this tour, right? Should I be upfront about that from the outset? I'd hate for the DVC agent to think we're just there for the freebies.

Bing Showei is correct about the FP.

If you are doing a "tour of AKL", I am guessing you've been booked at the Kidani sales office for your tour? The models there are awesome with great savannah views!

I do not think there are any Jambo units anymore. Personally I prefer Kidani's villas as the 1 bedroom and larger have the extra bathroom! :teeth:

Yes, you could walk from Kidani to Jambo for your Jiko rez, but I recommend you walk out of the Kidani lobby and wait for the internal shuttle that runs every 8-10 minutes between Kidani and Jambo. It is a loooooooong walk through "Africa" from Kidani to Jambo house! :cutie:

And yes, if Splash Mtn is out of FP available for the day, you can just walk up and touch your MB and get right into the FP line. As Bing Showei mentioned, the DVC FP are not good on the super hard to get attractions.

I do not think there are any Jambo units anymore. Personally I prefer Kidani's villas as the 1 bedroom and larger have the extra bathroom! :teeth:

Yes, you could walk from Kidani to Jambo for your Jiko rez, but I recommend you walk out of the Kidani lobby and wait for the internal shuttle that runs every 8-10 minutes between Kidani and Jambo. It is a loooooooong walk through "Africa" from Kidani to Jambo house! :cutie:

Bless you! Even if it were super close, I wouldn't want to walk through the August heat/humidity - but I wanted someone else to tell me that's okay :-)

Hatbox said:

- We have dinner reservations at Jiko right after...

No - Jambo 2BRs have only 1 bathroom and generally a worse setup, so the Kidani 2BRs are better. Jambo 2BRs are typically only preferred for the access to the Dining options and the impressive lobby.

Be sure to try the wild boar app at Jiko if it looks interesting to you...

No - Jambo 2BRs have only 1 bathroom and generally a worse setup, so the Kidani 2BRs are better. Jambo 2BRs are typically only preferred for the access to the Dining options and the impressive lobby.

Be sure to try the wild boar app at Jiko if it looks interesting to you...

Hmm, that's actually kind of tough. The dining options at Jambo are a huge appeal with kids, just being able to pop downstairs. But if there's nothing available anyway, that simplifies things.

The wild boar is half the reason I'm going to Jiko. I thought about stopping at the Sanaa lounge for bread service and a cocktail after the tour before heading over to Jiko. Is that overkill? (And if my tour starts two hours before mu Jiko res, would I have enough time for that?)

I thought about stopping at the Sanaa lounge for bread service and a cocktail after the tour before heading over to Jiko. Is that overkill?
Not if you take that sweltering walk through the African/Floridian Savanna. Then it’s more a rite of passage, carbo-loading, if you will.

I thought about stopping at the Sanaa lounge for bread service and a cocktail after the tour before heading over to Jiko. Is that overkill? (And if my tour starts two hours before mu Jiko res, would I have enough time for that?)

I would say that’s overkill. While the bread service is one of my absolute favorite items on property, it’s pretty much a meal in itself even when shared with two. It would ruin your Jiko meal in my opinion

Two years is definitely not too long of a horizon. We went one year, and decided we should really buy a house first before buying a timeshare. We went back a few years later after purchasing a house. Got the same tour guide!! He took good notes because he ‘remember’ all our conversations from our first tour and asked about our house. In the end we bought resale, but the guides won’t mind your two year horizon.

With a kidani contract you have home resort advantage at Jambo. The rooms a similar, but kidani’s are much larger.

Hmm, that's actually kind of tough. The dining options at Jambo are a huge appeal with kids, just being able to pop downstairs. But if there's nothing available anyway, that simplifies things.

The wild boar is half the reason I'm going to Jiko. I thought about stopping at the Sanaa lounge for bread service and a cocktail after the tour before heading over to Jiko. Is that overkill? (And if my tour starts two hours before mu Jiko res, would I have enough time for that?)

To clarify as I think there may be some confusion - if you buy at AKV you have home booking at either building, Kidani or Jambo. It's just that the room set up is different and that there are no Jambo models to view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter